Outreach and Strategic Communications Specialist
U.S. Citizenship and existing Top Secret/SCI with Poly CLEARANCE are absolutely required.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. (CENTRA) is an employee-owned company providing analytic, consulting, and staffing support to U.S. Government national security agencies, including the Departments of Homeland Security and Defense, and similar Government clients.
CENTRA Technology is looking for candidates for Outreach and Strategic Communications Specialist
The Contractor shall provide assistance to:
1) Produce and disseminate public facing articles or other media in support of Center’s public affairs and outreach. Manage website content for the Center’s website. Produce an internal Center newsletter and other internal and external publications as required;
2) Manage, edit and update Center’s website information content;
3) Prepare speeches, presentations, and communications products for Center officials. Ensure that all external presentations prepared for officials are consistent with IC policy and appropriate classification requirements;
4) Support the pre-publication and classification review process for materials to be released outside the Center. Support the DNI Public Affairs Office in providing content to Intelligence Community publications, and CI and security speechwriting support to the DNI and PDDNI;
5) Assist in providing communications and planning support to senior Center officials at speaking engagements and external meetings. Liaise with members of the public and private sector for meetings in support of CI awareness efforts as required;
6) Provide support, as required, to the DNI’s Partner Engagement and Legislative Affairs activities in support of Center or to respond to Congressional inquiries. Prepare briefing books for Congressional hearings or other major events for Center officials;
7) Prepare speeches, talking points, presentations, and communications products for the DNI, PDDNI and Center officials that are consistent with IC policy, Center public policy, and appropriate classification requirements;
8) Support the DNI Public Affairs Office in providing content to Intelligence Community publications;
Support, as required, to the DNI’s Partner Engagement Office and Office of Legislative Affairs in support of the Center or in response to Congressional inquiries.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Applicable degree(s): Policy, Intelligence, and other U.S. Government related field such as Public Administration, or Program Management.
• Demonstrated expertise in supporting U.S. Federal Government outreach and strategic communications.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in the IC (civilian and/or military components) with knowledge of IC organizations, relationships, and practices. These five (5) years may be concurrent with the requisite years of work experience.
• Extensive experience with conducting in-depth policy research in a variety of areas (e.g., IT, security, human resources, information management, privacy, Intelligence/Counterintelligence).
• Excellent presentation, facilitation, and oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, grammar, and editorial skills, with attention to detail.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Extensive experience facilitating working groups to resolve complex policy issues.
• Extensive experience creating professional policy products.
• Extensive experience with balancing a diverse workload in order to meet changing and competing requirements, and advanced capacity to prioritize or recommend priorities and courses of action to the customer.
• Advanced skills using MS Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Pro).
CENTRA Technology, Inc. provides analytic services and systems engineering to US Government and commercial customers. We have offices in Burlington, MA, and Arlington, VA. CENTRA offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program.
Job posted: 2020-05-07