Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
PAC Director, Government Relations
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
This position is responsible for managing U.S. Bancorp’s two federally registered PACs, the compliance with PAC regulations, communications regarding the PAC as well as state and federal government relations communications. This role will include PAC fundraising, administration, management, and execution of U.S. Bancorp’s PAC programs, coordinating with government relations staff regarding political involvement, monitoring the Third-Party Risk Management efforts, writing internal communications and other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Duties
– Manage the compliance and budgeting responsibilities for the U.S. Bancorp PACs
– Prepare materials for Board meetings
– Manage the U.S. Bancorp PACs annual fundraising campaign, PAC vendor relationship, and ensure compliance with campaign finance laws
– Update semi-annual political contribution policy and report
– Manage the PAC website
– Write regular political updates for business lines, PAC members and company leaders
– Write weekly and monthly legislative reports, e-newsletters, intranet blogs posts, PAC Annual Report, letters to government officials, and other materials related to U.S. Bank and our public policy positions
– Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
– Eight to ten years of experience in communications activities
– Knowledge of the financial services industry
– Campaign or political experience a plus
– Ability to meet and manage deadlines
– Demonstrated project management and implementation skills
– Familiarity with database management
– Knowledge of FEC guidelines, regulations and/or state PAC laws
– 2+ years of direct experience in PAC Management, political management or communications
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Strong research skills
This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at a U.S. Bank location, while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That’s why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Basic term and optional term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Pregnancy disability and parental leave
- 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
- Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
- Adoption assistance
- Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $111,010.00 – $130,600.00 – $143,660.00
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-29