PAC & Government Affairs Manager
Job Description Summary
The PAC & Government Affairs Manager will have oversight of the Transamerica Political Action Committee. In this capacity, they will work to ensure PAC members are engaged with our activities, will direct campaigns to increase our total PAC membership and receipts, will allocate and distribute our federal budget as it relates to the PAC, will organize grassroots activity on issues relevant to the U.S. government and policy affairs team, and be responsible for ensuring compliance with FEC governing laws and regulations.
- Develop and conduct grassroots outreach programs to employees, agents and retirees.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking of developments on key legislative and regulatory issues, including research and analysis.
- Lead the monitoring and tracking of developments on specific legislative and regulatory issues, including research and analysis. Support research and analysis on other issues as assigned.
- Take on lobbying issues and support other company lobbyists as needed.
- Represent the Company in federal trade association grassroots programs and committees.
- Arrange Company visits for key members of Congress, including preparing background issue briefs and Company information.
- Prepare and disseminate weekly newsletters and other communications on issues that impact Transamerica.
- Develop communication materials to support lobbying functions in various formats and delivery methods, such as Outlook and email.
- Maintain and update the Transamerica Citizen Action Network (CAN) grassroots website, PAC website and intranet community discussion.
- Act as liaison with the PAC Board; prepare materials for board meetings, etc.
- Direct PAC solicitation campaigns; prepare material, conduct PAC events and develop recognition programs.
- Represent the PAC in working with candidate campaigns regarding fundraising events that the PAC is co-hosting; prepare invitations, direct logistics for the event, ensure compliance with Federal Election Commission (FEC) and ethics rules, etc.
- Manage compliance with federal and state campaign finance and election laws, including PAC filings with the FEC.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, marketing or other business-related field.
- Five years of relevant experience, including three years working in a congressional office PR function or trade association, as a grassroots coordinator or other relevant marketing/communications role.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to articulate information to a wide audience.
- Organizational and research skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office tools and social media, including use of graphics.
- In-depth knowledge of FEC compliance.
- Office environment.
- Occasional travel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-11-13