PAC, Grassroots Advocacy and GOTV Programs
BIPAC is a mission-focused membership organization providing technology tools and strategic services to America’s business community to help increase their effectiveness in the political arena. We work closely with our corporate and trade association members to assist with their PAC, grassroots advocacy, and voter education programs, providing them with websites and web tools, graphic design, political analysis, best practice information, and strategy to make their programs successful.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a passionate and motivated strategist to provide strategic direction, sample materials and best practice information to BIPAC’s member companies and trade associations. This position will serve in a consultative role to advise BIPAC members on how to grow and effectively manage their own PAC, grassroots advocacy and voter education programs. Our ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter who has run PAC, grassroots advocacy and/or voter education programs at a company or association.
This position is based full-time in our Washington, DC office.
- Advise BIPAC members on all PAC-related activity, including but not limited to: fundraising, structure, disbursements, compliance/legal, and communications.
- Advise BIPAC members on advocacy activity and provide grassroots and GOTV messaging and strategic guidance.
- Provide basic strategic guidance to members regarding how best to use their communications platforms and websites to increase employee involvement.
- Compose solicitations, communications and strategic plans for the PACs of BIPAC member companies and associations.
- Analyze potential and recent court cases, rulings, and laws, and determine how they can/will impact PACs.
- Organize and execute grassroots, voter education and PAC programming to include roundtables and webinars.
- Manage, create and distribute monthly PAC Update and Advocacy Update email communications to all BIPAC members.
- Regularly review, update and develop new content for posting on the online BIPAC Portal Resource Library.
- Update election/voting dates and deadlines data and ensure accuracy at all times.
- 3+ years of experience in PAC, grassroots advocacy, and/or voter education.
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills with a high attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize against deadlines.
- Creative thinker willing to develop new ideas and materials.
- Understanding of PAC rules and regulations.
- Organized, entrepreneurial self-starter who can work independently as well as interact well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite; knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
BIPAC’s mission sits squarely at the intersection of business and politics. In this role, the Marketing Manager will have the unique opportunity to advance the mission while helping to grow the membership base and market our tools and services to prospective members.
We offer a competitive base salary in addition to company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, metro transit benefits, a day off to volunteer, team outings, vacation time, sick leave, 401K matching, and more. We have an excellent team environment with a real opportunity to make a difference within the organization.
Find out more about us at www.bipac.org. If you believe you have the skills to help drive our success and to provide impact to the BIPAC mission, we encourage you to apply. Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Melissa Craig, Vice President, Member Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2019-08-23