Direct, oversee, and manage SEMA and PRI PAC. Develop and implement strategies to increase fundraising and target individual donors. Manage fundraising campaigns, PAC events, and communications. Solicit eligible individuals for PRI and SEMA PAC donations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
- Develop, direct, and manage strategies to increase PRI and SEMA PAC donations from eligible individual PRI and SEMA members (often non-business member enthusiasts) and eligible employees of PRI and SEMA member companies.
- Undertake solicitation campaigns targeting above-identified eligible individuals for PRI and SEMA PAC donations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors and PRI and SEMA volunteer leadership.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of PRI and SEMA PAC including correspondence with PRI and SEMA members, database management, report filings, FEC filings, budget, spreadsheet maintenance, collection and processing of PRI and SEMA PAC contributions in partnership with the Accounting Department, and general administrative duties.
- Manage fundraising campaigns targeting eligible individual PRI and SEMA members and eligible employees of PRI and SEMA member companies.
- Organize and execute PAC fundraising events benefiting PRI and SEMA PAC.
- Manage PAC disbursements, relationships with congressional campaign fundraisers, and track PRI and SEMA PAC accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring all content on the PRI and SEMA PAC websites are up-to-date.
- When directed by management, perform other assignments and duties as required.
Reports to Director, State Government Affairs and SEMA PAC
Coordinates with Federal Lobbying Group and VP Government Affairs on overall PAC fundraising strategy and PAC Distribution.
Works with Washington, DC staff to make effective use of PRI and SEMA PAC resources and to disseminate information.
Works with external stakeholders to plan and execute PRI and SEMA sponsored PAC events and opportunities.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, communications, marketing or a related field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience running a Political Action Committee and knowledge of laws and regulations governing trade association PACs.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of political campaigns and legislative process.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of the organization, members, and external relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Project management experience and independent judgment skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team
Job posted: 2021-10-05