The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has an opening for a PAC Manager in its Washington D.C. office. This position manages the daily aspects of NAMIC’s political fundraising and political action committee (NAMIC PAC).
Essential Functions of the position include:
- Develops and executes effective fundraising campaigns for NAMIC PAC in coordination with the AVP of Federal & Political Affairs.
- Develops and assists member companies in soliciting and collecting contributions internally and hosting events.
- Executes membership meetings and events for the PAC, such as fundraisers, political receptions, and educational events.
- Assists with planning/executing PAC events at NAMIC meetings where appropriate.
- Manages hosting responsibilities for NAMIC PAC fundraisers on behalf of federal candidates.
- Works with Regional Vice Presidents and PAC members regarding hosting and attending in-district fundraisers.
- Manages and oversees corporate and federal PAC giving in the states.
- Develops and maintains relationships with political party apparatus such as NRCC, DCCC, NRSC, and DSC.
- Creates and maintains effective advocacy relationships among the NAMIC PAC, the NAMIC membership, and elected officials.
- Manages and maintains NAMIC PAC Budgets.
- Manages, tracks, and maintains all donor benefits with election campaigns that NAMIC PAC supports.
- Works with AVP of Federal Affairs to manage all NAMIC PAC disbursements.
- Manages and tracks fundraising invitations.
- Maintains federal candidate trip list.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other industry organizations to maximize collaboration opportunities.
- Manages NAMIC PAC Quarterly Congressional Call Series.
- Maintains up-to-date information on congressional elections, as well as current legislation that affects the insurance industry.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with political fundraisers and staff as needed.
- Writes news stories promoting NAMIC PAC and highlighting its accomplishments in NAMIC and industry publications.
- Represents NAMIC at political fundraisers and events.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed include:
- In-depth understanding of political and legislative processes.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal requirements for political activity disclosure and reporting, including FEC laws and filing requirements.
- Experience with PAC software programs.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally to member companies, industry meetings, and conventions.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience within the political arena, particularly with political action committees, and lobbying organizations.
- Association work experience is a plus.
- Proven record of substantial fundraising experience.
- Experience in software systems that support political involvement programs is a plus.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
NAMIC is proud to have been selected as one of the Best Places to Work! We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package with this full-time position. Benefits include access to group medical, dental and vision; a matched 401(k) plan; one paid day each year to volunteer with the charity of your choice; generous paid vacation; and more! We have a friendly yet professional work atmosphere where everyone enjoys working hard for the good of our members. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jenn Steidler, HR Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jenn Steidler, HR Director at: email@example.com
Job posted: 2021-11-10