Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Over the last decade, J Street’s political operation has grown into one of the largest and most sophisticated in progressive politics. Indeed, JStreetPAC has emerged as the nation’s largest pro-Israel political action committee, distributing over $9m to nearly 200 endorsed pro-Israel, pro-peace candidates in the 2020 election cycle.
J Street seeks a PAC Manager who will play a key role in our political strategy and endorsement process. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, entrepreneurial thinker with keen political and relational instincts. 2-3 cycles of experience working on political campaigns, on the Hill, and/or for advocacy organizations is preferred for this role.
- Execute JStreetPAC’s endorsement process for the 2022 cycle and engage with pro-Israel, pro-peace candidates and Members of Congress, including:
- identifying key endorsement priorities and managing timeline for JStreetPAC involvement
- working with Political Assistant to educate candidates on J Street’s policies and ensure they are supported through the endorsement process;
- tracking fundraising totals for endorsed candidates and Members of Congress.
- Contribute to the organization’s growing political brand by forming and maintaining relationships with Members of Congress, congressional staff, peer organizations, and other key political stakeholders, including but not limited to party committees, congressional caucuses, and political fundraisers.
- Engage major donors, including J Street’s National Finance Committee, around our political work to maximize political contributions through JStreetPAC.
- Collaborate with J Street’s Engagement Team and Public Affairs staff to involve lay leadership in our political work (organizing meet and greets, hosting PAC events for supported candidates, etc).
- Contribute to the organization’s strategic political planning as a key member of the Public Affairs team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Political experience: You have 2-3 cycles of experience with political campaigns, advocacy organizations, and/or on the Hill.
- Strategic and creative thinker: You are excited to think creatively about how to achieve J Street’s organizational and political priorities, and are able to execute ambitious goals.
- Collaborative worker: You are able to work well across departments within the organization.
- People person: You enjoy working with a variety of external stakeholders, including major donors and partners in the political ecosystem. An existing rolodex of political/DC relationships is a plus.
- Issue alignment: You are familiar with, or open to learning more about, issues related to the US-Israel relationship and the American Jewish community, and you are aligned with J Street’s mission and goals.
- Formal education requirements are less important than actual work experience.
The salary range for this full-time exempt position is $54,500-$60,000 and depending on experience may be categorized on our internal scale as a Senior Associate or Assistant Director. Hours and duties may fluctuate based on J Street events and staff travel schedules. Our comprehensive benefits package includes unlimited personal time off, sick leave, generous parental and family leave, paid time off on many federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company-paid life insurance, a 401k program including an employer match, commuter benefits, and a flexible spending account.
J Street recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in J Street’s bargaining unit and is covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities that care about our mission. Please submit the items listed below:
- Cover Letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
- List of Three References
This position is available immediately. Applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as quickly as possible.
At J Street we value an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to understanding and valuing each other’s perspectives at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our employees, and the communities we work with. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment and fellowship, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
Job posted: 2022-04-25