This individual will manage all aspects of planning and operation of the GM Political Action Committee (GM PAC) and support General Motors in achieving its public policy objectives. Additionally, the PAC Manager must be capable of understanding substantive policy issues associated with the automobile industry and the business issues affecting one of the world’s leading companies.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of the company’s PAC
- Responsible for building awareness and understanding of the GM PAC with eligible employees to foster a culture of political engagement
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an annual enterprise wide PAC solicitation that generates increased employee engagement and receipts
- Responsible for developing creative content for all PAC communications, including educational and solicitation materials, annual and semi-annual reports, newsletters, and the PAC website, that articulates key messages, purpose, vision, and goals
- Responsible for the successful execution of all PAC special events including town halls and donor thank you events
- Responsible for managing, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with team members who contribute to GM PAC
- Develop a PAC Champion program to further develop team member engagement, participation and receipts growth
- Responsible for management of the federal and state PAC budgets and processing PAC disbursements
- Responsible for the management of the PAC website
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in public policy, communications or business
- 4-7 years of experience with a blend of communication, event planning, political action committee, political fundraising, or campaign management experience
- Team player who is a self-starter, passionate about his/her work and innovative in solving problems, overcoming challenges, and achieving goals.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment, with exceptional attention to detail and timing
- Understanding of political and legislative processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a confidence and comfort interacting directly with corporate executives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, coupled with exceptional research, data collection, and analytical skills.
- Experience managing multiple demands and constituents and staying organized in a complex business environment.
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong bi-partisan relationships with DC based PAC fundraisers
Understanding of the Federal Election Commission regulations, political campaigns, and rules governing the process
Job posted: 2019-11-13