NAIFA is seeking an experienced PAC Manager responsible for managing the daily operations and accounting of NAIFA’s non-partisan Political Action Committees known collectively as IFAPAC, as well as overseeing the disbursement efforts for NAIFAPAC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with PAC Director to develop and implement a disbursement strategy to leverage NAIFAPAC’s support of candidates for federal office in a way that builds long term influence for NAIFA.
- Develops relationships with industry partners to ensure NAIFA hosts a wide variety of industry events over the cycle.
- Oversees all aspects of PAC Candidate Selection Group meetings, and election cycle budgets.
- Maintains the integrity of the PAC through accurate, reliable administration of candidate disbursement records and PAC receipts.
- Investigates and answers member questions regarding PAC receipts and disbursements.
- Assists PAC Director with efforts to raise funds from individual members of the association for NAIFA’s federal PAC and the state PACs (IFAPAC).
- Evaluates candidates seeking endorsement and financial contributions from IFAPAC and makes strategic recommendations to the Candidate Selection Group for approval. This process includes vetting/interviewing candidates, gathering relevant issue and political research, and seeking/managing input from NAIFA’s Government Relations staff.
- Manages the candidate interview process, including but not limited to improving the candidate questionnaire, and directing interviews between potential candidates and NAIFA policy staff.
- Guides Candidate Selection Group on candidate support and implements their decisions.
- Manages PAC distributions to candidates.
- Manages day-to-day disbursement operations including budgeting, check requests, distributions, member event planning, and communications.
- Coordinates IFAPAC distributions and fundraiser attendance with grassroots contacts and federal lobbyists.
- Distributes monthly state election reports to 51 state PACs and works with Finance Department to maintain accurate account and contact data.
- Works with PAC staff to ensure daily PAC receipts comply with all FEC rules and regulations and handles the end of the month processes to do the same.
- Writes articles for GovTalk and other association publications.
- Maintains expertise on legal requirements of PACs.
- Develops legislative and political programming and presentations for NAIFA meetings including annual P+P, National Advocacy meeting and training (Influence) meetings.
- Assist with PAC fundraising activities at annual P+P and Congressional Conference.
- Works well with other employees, functions as a team player and accepts constructive suggestions for improving job performance from supervisors and managers.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years PAC management or political fundraising experience with increased responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the legislative process.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and PAC and grassroots software programs.
- Skilled using computer systems designed to enhance fundraising programs and their administration.
- Adept at building coalitions and consensus among membership.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Founded in 1890 as The National Association of Life Underwriters (NALU), NAIFA is one of the nation’s oldest and largest associations representing the interests of insurance professionals from every Congressional district in the United States. NAIFA members assist consumers by focusing their practices on one or more of the following: life insurance and annuities, health insurance and employee benefits, multiline, and financial advising and investments. NAIFA’s mission is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of its members. For more information about NAIFA, visit www.naifa.org.
Compensation & Benefits:
NAIFA recognizes how important it is to provide our employees with the best possible environment in which to work. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Health and Dental Plan
Life, AD&D, and Business Travel Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Legal Services Plan
401(k) Savings Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts for Uninsured Medical and Dependent Care
Tax-Free Commuting Reimbursement Plan
Discounted Gym Memberships
NAIFA also offers various programs and benefits to assist employees with work/life balance solutions, such as an Employee Assistance Program, wellness programs, direct deposit, business casual dress code, flexible work schedules, educational seminars, and free parking. NAIFA is located one mile from the Dunn Loring Metro Station on the Orange Metro Line.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Karen Polizos, Manager of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference: PAC Manager
National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
2901 Telestar Court
Falls Church, VA 22042-1205
Job posted: 2019-11-25