What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You’ll Bring:
- Business and financial skills. Proven ability to manage significant budget.
- Familiarity of political procedure and compliance with FEC laws.
- Ability to work on multiple, complex issues.
- High-energy, self-motivated, collaborative and positive attitude.
- Growth mindset driven by clear metrics and results.
- Clear reputation for ethical conduct.
- Exemplary performance record.
Impact You’ll Make:
In collaboration with TransUnion’s Government Relations team, this role will be responsible for designing and implementing TU’s political engagement strategy and managing activities relating to the Political Action Committee. In addition, some administrative duties will be required in support of senior staff, including managing logistics for Government Relations executives and TU’s new Washington office. Core duties include:
- The role will support the senior Government Relations staff through research, analysis and the coordination of outreach/communication efforts with internal business leaders, industry coalitions, policymakers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Administer the organization’s Political Action Committee. Contributes to the writing of position papers, policy statements and related documents.
- Identify and secure opportunities to engage with internal and external stakeholders to further public policy thought leadership.
- Manage the logistics and processes for preparing senior colleagues and leaders for outreach to policymakers, industry coalitions and other relevant stakeholders; prepare briefing papers and talking points for business leaders.
- Researches and tracks pending and emerging legislation and maintains records of TransUnion’s positions and involvement in each stage of the legislative process.
- Fields calls from senior business leaders who may need immediate context for regulatory and legislative developments.
- Administers the Company’s Political Action Committee budget and assist with planning disbursements for contributions.
- Applies understanding of legislative procedures and protocols and potential impact of government actions on firm to collaborate with more senior colleagues on position papers and lobbying strategies.
- Works with VP facilities to establish DC office and manage office functions for local team of 6.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-02-13