PAC Manager, Public Policy
The Political Action Committee (PAC) Manager, Public Policy, will be responsible for growing and maintaining the PAC, strengthening PAC membership and employee engagement, developing PAC strategy, and creatively communicating their knowledge of the federal political and legislative process to current and prospective PAC members.
In addition, the PAC Manager will be expected to prepare and maintain federal PAC budgets, develop PAC reports for internal and external use, execute Federal Election Commission (FEC) compliance responsibilities, and run the day-to-day of the Company’s PAC.
The PAC Manager will work closely with the managing Political Programs Manager, Public Policy, and others to represent Amazon’s PAC to employees through written and in-person communications. This person will be expected to both present to company executives in smaller settings and also engage larger audiences at corporate events. The position requires a creative, highly-motivated, team-oriented candidate with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
This position is based in Washington, DC.
· BA/BS is required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including comfort with public speaking.
· Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task.
· Knowledge of the political and legislative process and an ability to communicate that creatively to current and prospective PAC members.
· Experience in fundraising and/or running a corporate PAC.
· Relevant experience with and understanding of the U.S. federal policymaking process, federal campaigns, federal fundraising and political donations, political action committees, and government relations.
· Demonstrated work experience with federal elected officials, political parties, companies, consultancies, trade associations, governmental agencies, or equivalent organizations.
· Candidates will be able to demonstrate their experience through work within government, companies, consultancies, trade associations, or equivalent organizations.
· Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across organization and culture.
· Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
· Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
· Ability to understand and identify the business implications of specific language used in legislative and regulatory proposals on corporate and synthesize policy issues for internal customers.
· Ability to think critically, process data from multiple sources and anticipate outcomes, and recommend a best course of action.
· Experience in preparing materials for internal customers in advance of meetings with government officials, including in-office meetings and site visits.
· Experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging tools.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-31