Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a dynamic and effective PAC Manager. Under the supervision of the Political Outreach Director, this position manages all aspects of PPAF’s Federal PAC and candidate services programs. The PAC Manager works closely with congressional and state-level candidates providing them with messaging and information about Planned Parenthood’s political, advocacy and health services operations. This position manages the Federal PAC Committee including approval of the candidate endorsement recommendations, setting the agenda, pulling together materials and communicating with the Committee. The PAC Manager also works closely with the Political Outreach Director to assist state and local action funds on candidate endorsements, making local connections with the campaigns and all aspects of our in-kind and coordinated work with candidates. The PAC Manager will also work very closely with the general council and finance teams. The PAC Manager must be a “political junkie” and have experience working with campaigns and political parties.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Sets agenda for monthly federal PAC committee meeting. Communicates with and engages PAC committee members in PPAF’s political and PAC work.
- Tracks all candidate fundraising done by PPAF’s volunteers and board members.
- Manages all aspects of PPAF’s PAC contributions including working with the finance department, office of the general counsel, and state and local action funds. This includes tracking contributions and any communication with campaigns.
- Manages all aspects of the candidate questionnaire process which includes sending questionnaires to candidates, setting up in-person meetings with national political staff, encouraging meetings with state and local action fund staff, tracking all PAC contributions and in-kind contributions and working with the Political Outreach Director and research manager on endorsement recommendations.
- Serves as the point of contact with endorsed campaigns and is the first line of communication and contact with campaign staff.
- Works with campaigns on all coordinated work including PPAF member communications.
- Works with state and local action funds on candidate endorsements, press releases, events and other candidate coordinated services.
- Works with PPAF regional field managers on building candidate programs with state and local action funds by ensuring that they have the appropriate structure and resources.
Requirements / Technical Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years experience working with political parties and/or campaigns.
- Ability to work independently with good judgement.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) skills.
Personal Qualities /Other Attributes
- Experience working for a non-profit or union in their political department.
- Experience raising money for candidates and/or for a PAC.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to learn and execute quickly.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.
- Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-03