PAC & Political Engagement Fellow
About the job
The Home Depot Government Relations office is seeking a Political Action Committee (PAC) & Political Engagement Fellow to start Winter 2021. This is an opportunity to contribute to the success of a corporate government relations team, and the 9th largest corporate Political Action Committee. The PAC Fellow will support the PAC Manager and Political Programs team while developing their own government relations and political acumen by…
– Assisting The Home Depot’s Political Action Committee (PAC) team by completing donor database research, identifying growth objectives and opportunities and helping to oversee mail-house integration for seamless donor recognition projects.
– Drafting content for PAC communications as needed, while helping to prepare digital and in-person event briefings.
– Working alongside the existing PAC Manager and app development team to further expand The Home Depot PAC’s best-in-class “PAC Captains App” by utilizing basic coding and data research knowledge to flesh out development projects with our cross-functional IT partnerships.
– Complete a long-term research project on relevant government relations, grassroots, or other issues facing our department and presenting it to the Government Relations team at the conclusion of the fellowship
– An interest in and knowledge of the political process, political fundraising, and grassroots advocacy with strong preferences for those who are interested in building their careers in the Political Action Committee (PAC) sphere.
– Excellent organizational and task management skills, and a high attention to detail.
– Strong written and verbal communications skills.
– Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, database management and financial analytics.
– Prior experience in a Capitol Hill, government relations, fundraising, or related office.
– Full-time availability.
– Outstanding time management and organization.
– A history of working in retail or customer service.
– Being a self-starter and willing to help wherever needed.
This is a paid position that is best suited for recent graduates; fellowship dates are approximately mid-January through December 2021. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample. All three submissions are required, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Job posted: 2021-01-04