Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
PAC Program Manager
Bring your drive for excellence, team orientation and customer commitment to Independence; help us renew and reimagine our business and shape the future of health care. Our organization is looking to diversify, grow, innovate and serve, and we are looking for committed, empowered learning-oriented people to join our team. If this describes you, we want to speak with you.
The PAC Program Manager is responsible for the daily administration and growth of the award-winning Independence Blue Cross PAC (IBCPAC), the Political Action Committee for Independence Blue Cross which offers members the ability to participate in the political process by supporting our elected officials and candidates on important issues to Independence Blue Cross, its customers, members and associates. Supports various public affairs strategic initiatives. Reports directly to the Vice President of Government Affairs and works directly with other senior executive leaders.
· Coordinates national and local political giving, organizes member events for IBC associates and board members, prepares strategic communications for members, assists with the preparation and support of various strategic initiatives in public affairs.
· Manages the daily activities and operations of the Independence Blue Cross Political Action Committee (IBC PAC).
· Manages the budget and goals of the PAC. Tracks donations and event participation with national trade associations and other partners such as various chambers of commerce, subsidiaries and key customers, etc.
· Analyzes contribution trends and develops, in conjunction with Public Affairs leadership, an annual political contributions budget.
· Responsible for compliant administration of the PAC with both internal policies and procedures and external legal filings and requirements.
· Develops and executes a strategic communications effort to educate and increase political awareness and involvement of current and future PAC members.
· Organizes and hosts quarterly in person PAC sponsored events for PAC members with high profiles guest speakers.
· Leads and supports various public affairs strategic initiatives
· Assists with the preparation of materials and execution of various government and public affairs meetings and events, including support of presentations, external collateral materials, and coordination of events.
· Coordinates several external communications for the government affairs team, including newsletters and other resources.
· Maintains and runs the company’s annual get out the vote campaign.
· Works with the community affairs and foundation teams as necessary on shared projects and goals related to the company’s mission.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Public Relations or equivalent
· 5 years of relevant experience in Government Relations, Communications and/or public affairs.
· Solid experience in working with associate programs, database management
· Possess an understanding and interest in health care policy and the political process.
· Must have excellent organizational abilities and strong detail orientation
· Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
· Ability to interface with all levels within the organization.
· Ability to think strategically and innovatively, and to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to manage complex projects to successful completion and agreed upon timeframes.
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Strong computer skills particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint are required. Background with PAC software a plus.
· Independence has implemented a “Hybrid” model which requires Public Affairs associates to work in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and remotely on Wednesday and Friday. However, management may require our associates to work from Independence’s physical office locations on certain occasions. While associates may work remotely, the work must be performed in the Tri-State Area of Delaware, New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
· Independence Blue Cross is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our associates. In support of that focus, Independence expects all new hires to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination and booster*. Independence’s policy provides reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons as required by law. The process for requesting a reasonable accommodation is communicated to candidates when they are offered employment.
· * To be considered “up to date” with COVID-19 vaccination and booster, individuals must have received an initial series of the vaccine (whether a 1-dose or 2-dose series) and timely receive a booster once eligible. Individuals not yet eligible to receive a booster shot will be required to timely obtain a booster once eligible.
Job posted: 2023-05-25