Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
PAC Systems Manager
Management Grade 5
Salary Range: $99,296 – $135,199
This position is responsible for managing and overseeing the operations and technical implementation of AFSCME’s Every Action political action member and affiliate level contribution tracking software. This includes oversight of data ingestion into the Every Action system. This position will coordinate and implement inter-departmental processes as they relate to political contributions and disbursements. The incumbent is also responsible for managing and coordinating the work of the Every Action team.
- Works with the Accounting and Political Action Departments to create and implement standard operating procedures to ensure accurate member and affiliate level political contribution reports.
- Suggests ways to improve the department’s standard operating procedures based on process analysis, result based evaluations, and information gained from external sources.
- Manages the Every Action team members to ensure timely and accurate data processing.
- Coordinates the work of the Every Action team to ensure all Data & Analytics systems are leverage to improve the accuracy of the Every Action Reporting.
- Works closely with affiliate staff to facilitate timely acquisition of member level political contributions and assists when possible in improving processes for affiliates.
- Works closely with the Analytics team and other departments to conduct regular quality control audits to improve and ensure data accuracy.
- Coordinates and/or conducts training of staff tasked with data entry into the Every Action system and creates procedural documentation.
- Set goals, manage progress, and works with staff to distribute batches for timely ingestion of data into the Every Action System.
- Creates and monitors data dashboards to monitor metrics and demonstrate progress.
- Works with external systems to create processes to streamline ingestion (We Pay, UnionWare, etc.).
- Gives guidance and instruction to Every Action team on data cleansing.
- Generates reports and provides information to other departments and affiliates as requested.
- Works to create data processes that will create greater data efficiencies.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, preferably with a strong focus on accounting. A minimum of five (5) years experience in a large labor union, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the Every Action System.
- Familiarity with AFSCME’s structure, mission and objectives.
- Experience with complex data cleansing projects.
- Experience with sophisticated databases and knowledge of input, select, sort, and output functions.
- Ability to define business requirements; relay and document such requirements and streamline operational processes.
- Ability to plan, implement and complete multiple projects.
- Ability to research, analyze and prepare statistical and/or other reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Knowledge of technical data processing concepts.
- Ability to work closely with technical staff is desirable.
Travel and Work Hours:
- Extended work hours and travel may be required.
AFSCME is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, does not discriminate against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify job title and Idealist in the subject line.
Job posted: 2022-08-24