Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Paid Media Director
NextGen is seeking a Paid Media Director to lead paid media outreach to young voters at the largest organization in the country committed to registering and mobilizing young people in our democratic process.
The Paid Media Director is responsible for strategizing, executing and managing NextGen’s paid media efforts — including our social-media influencer program, digital media investments, voter-contact mail and any other method that shares our message of voter empowerment with the young people who need to hear it ahead of the 2022 election.
The Paid Media Director will be experienced in developing paid digital media campaigns — including in partnership with external consultants and partners — and passionate about applying that experience to youth-oriented voter-registration and mobilization. They will be creative and excited to experiment with new approaches.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in America’s future. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization–in theory and in practice–and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and economic and racial justice from a progressive perspective, we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others.
This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing, planning and executing youth-oriented paid-media campaigns across various platforms and media including social, digital and mail.
- Managing paid media team and holding team members accountable to goals and objectives
- Maintaining relationships and leading NextGen’s partnership with paid-media consultants and partners, e.g. creative consultants, media buyers, production firms, etc.
- Work with the Vice President for Communications and across the organization on polling and research efforts to inform paid-media messaging and segmentation
- Developing creative content and messaging for paid media in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Matching NextGen messaging to appropriate audiences on the most effective media, in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience with and demonstrated expertise in digital paid media messaging, production and buying
- At least two election cycles of experience running a paid digital media program. Bonus points for experience with mail or influencer marketing
- A deep understanding of the current digital media landscape — especially how NextGen’s 18-35-year-old audiences interact with media
- A commitment to work collaboratively and be a team-player
- Experience and willingness to work in a fully remote environment with close colleagues spread across several time zones
- Passion for progressive politics and elevating the voice and power of young people in our democracy
Salary range for this position is $95,000 — $115,000, compensation will be based on experience. NextGen America also offers a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-29