Partner, Marketing & Brand Communications
Use your marketing and brand expertise to help end educational inequality.
TNTP seeks a full-time Partner, Marketing & Brand Communications to oversee TNTP’s brand and marketing strategy. This position will be based from a home office anywhere in the U.S. and is available immediately. Occasional travel is required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. We’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Our Communications & Publications Department works to position TNTP as the nation’s most authoritative voice on effective teaching and providing all students with the quality education they deserve. We are a collaborative, creative team leading TNTP’s marketing, publications and communications efforts. Our team is virtual, working remotely from home offices across the country.
What You’ll Do
The Partner, Marketing & Brand Communications is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of TNTP’s marketing strategies and initiatives. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Public Affairs, the Partner will set the vision, strategy, and goals for how key stakeholders in K-12 education—particularly prospective clients, philanthropic supporters, and other partners—engage with TNTP’s brand and solutions. We’re looking for a skilled communicator and savvy brand professional who is passionate about TNTP’s mission and recognizes the power of storytelling to move stakeholders to be champions for our work, and for education equity for all students.
The Partner, Marketing & Brand Communications will oversee TNTP’s brand and marketing strategy. Specifically, this leader will be responsible for the following:
Brand Marketing Strategy
- Lead development and implementation of a comprehensive brand marketing strategy and plan that broadens and diversifies TNTP’s audiences and facilitates organizational growth- nationally, and in target regions
- Develop and oversee implementation of strategy and management plan focused on market segmentation and deeply understanding the experiences of TNTP stakeholders- including current and prospective clients, philanthropic supporters, and other partners
- Oversee innovation, continuous development, and maintenance of TNTP’s brand assets- including website, marketing collateral, video, and digital assets
- Oversee service model for intake and fulfillment of externally facing marketing and communications requests- supporting all TNTP divisions, and ensuring quality and consistency of brand standards across the organization
- Listen to market trends and continuously evaluate, learn, and improve upon our marketing and communications efforts to ensure TNTP’s brand maintains and grows in its relevance and influence
Team Development and People Management
- Intentionally build inclusive culture and practices by building diverse teams, challenging dominant assumptions, and managing to clear goals and metrics
- Serve as thought partner with key organizational leaders and across TNTP’s management team, ensuring that marketing strategies and tactics are socialized across the organization, and that the communications team has pertinent data to inform continuous learning and improvement processes
- Work closely with Partner, External Communications & Publications to identify and implement expectations for culture, cross-function, and key business processes for the full Communications & Publications team
- Lead and manage a small team of communications professionals in achieving individual and shared goals, including direct and indirect reports, as well as temporary staff and consultants on an as-needed basis
- Work closely with EVP of Public Affairs in connecting brand work to broader vision for public affairs and organizational goals and strategy; engage Leadership Team and Executive Team at regular intervals throughout the year
- Model TNTP values and prioritize contributing to and developing a positive and engaged Communications & Publications team
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect this leader to:
- Be an outstanding communicator. You are a highly skilled communicator with a clear and compelling voice, a sensitive ear, and a knack for finding simplicity in complexity. You communicate effectively in all forms and all forums and serve as the vanguard for activating TNTP’s brand in the world.
- Have a vision that connects our work to outcomes for kids. You have a vision for how a third-party education organization can catalyze substantive improvements in public education through strategic communication. You spend the majority of your time working with people inside the organization to execute on that vision.
- Be a savvy marketer. You think critically about the experiences of the range of people involved in our work- from students to policymakers; from parents to systems decision-makers. You use those insights to continually inform and evolve opportunities to frame TNTP’s value proposition and help colleagues across the organization represent the brand.
- Invest and influence others. You bring out the best in your team and inspire your colleagues. You are confident with clients and peers, listen actively, and advise effectively. You clearly communicate complex information in a compelling way and can influence decision-makers at all levels of an organization. You understand the nuanced balance of vision and strategic implementation to lead innovation within an established brand and you continually consider stakeholder experience to deepen engagement with TNTP.
- Model cross-cultural agility. Authentic self-reflection, self- awareness, and high emotional intelligence are central to who you are, and you utilize these skills to shape a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, that influences how you think about your work. You have an adept cultural understanding of yourself and use your understanding of yourself and others to build trusting relationships with direct reports, colleagues, and clients.
- Champion Your People. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to grow and develop incredible people toward ambitious goals. You are a skilled manager and inclusive leader that honors diverse perspectives and builds an inclusive and supportive work environment that reflects TNTP’s unique culture and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Build relationships. You’ll regularly partner with leaders and stakeholders both internally and externally. You have an ability to connect and build relationships with diverse communities. Bilingual Spanish abilities are a plus.
- Leadership experience and expertise in brand marketing strategy; 8+ years of experience preferred. Experience with nonprofit, education or social justice organizations also preferred.
- Proven experience shaping long-term vision and driving strategies to achieve objectives in marketing, advertising, and/or other communications
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-faceted communications or marketing program
- Creativity and bold thinking on how to leverage design, creative storytelling, and new media to advance marketing efforts
- Ability to generate innovative ideas, with a track record of translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports, peers, external stakeholders, and TNTP’s senior leadership
- Self-reliant, results-oriented problem-solving skills, including the ability to critically assess challenges and identify innovative, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to make decisions, work efficiently, prioritize effectively and anticipate future needs in a fast-paced environment
- Spanish language proficiency a plus but not required
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. The salary range for this position is $112,000 to $168,000. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary between the range minimum and the salary range midpoint depending on qualifications, internal equity, and the budgeted amount for the role. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Level of Language Proficiency
Job posted: 2021-06-01