Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Partner for Policy Leadership
We are seeking a Partner for Policy Leadership to make a decisive contribution in Education Reimagined’s ability to catalyze new conversations, partnerships, and action toward learner-centered systems transformation amongst policy advocates and decision makers.
This person will be responsible for building the organization’s capacity and reputation as a policy thought leader. They will develop and execute strategies to increase appetite for and understanding of learner-centered ecosystems and what it will take to invent and spread them within policy circles; and create and leverage strategic partnerships amongst aligned policy advocates and organizations.
They will partner closely with the President, Chief Communications Officer, and Chief Programs and Partnerships Officer to produce and elevate policy thought leadership in the form of white papers, op-eds, policy briefs, webinars, events, and other mediums.
This person will report to the Chief Programs and Partnerships Officer.
- Conceptualize, develop, and lead the execution of a policy thought leadership strategy for the organization that aligns with and advances the organization’s mission and goals.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships with aligned policy advocates and organizations.
- Build the organization’s understanding of the current policy landscape and the intersection with and opportunities for learner-centered transformation, including conducting and partnering with other organizations to pursue relevant research and legislative scans.
- Capture and produce materials that elevate the policy and systemic barriers facing learner-centered leaders, bright spots where policy is effectively enabling learner-centered work, and what policy advocates and decisions can do to create new freedoms and opportunities for learner-centered invention.
- Design and lead events, webinars, and conversations to illuminate pathways to marry policy freedom, funding, and learner-centered solutions and leaders.
- Partner with the President and development team to contribute to fundraising for Education Reimagined’s policy work.
* This role will not involve any lobbying or drafting of legislation.
Preference will be given to candidates who are based in or can relocate to the Washington, DC area, although living in DC is not a requirement of the job.
- 8+ years of professional experience in policy, advocacy, and/or thought leadership, with a preference for those with experience in education and an understanding of the learner-centered field. We also invite those with transferable skills built in other sectors or experiences to apply.
- Excellent writing / editing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to synthesize complex ideas and concepts into accessible materials without compromising the nuance and integrity of the ideas.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Relational approach to partnership development, team building, and co-authorship with other organizations and leaders.
- Self-reflective and committed to personal growth and development, eager to learn and adopt new tools and/or ways of operating to support the team’s growth and performance.
- Passionate about Education Reimagined’s mission and eager to learn and delve deeply into what learner-centered education is and what it makes possible.
Projected salary range is $100,000-130,000. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Education Reimagined’s compensation package also includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous paid time off; 17-19 paid holidays per year; a 401(k) plan; and a flexible work environment.
To apply, please submit the following to Demi Edwards at email@example.com. Please include the position title in the email subject.
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the position and where you heard about the position.
- Resume including relevant work experiences.
Job posted: 2022-08-03