Partnership and Policy Manager
At Veo, we are transforming global urban planning and transportation by building the next-generation micro-mobility sharing network through our dockless e-scooter and bike-share systems. We also offer fat-tire bikes, cargo bikes and ADA-compliant bikes – to increase accessibility for all. We design and engineer our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems to provide a greener, healthier mode of transportation to make the communities we serve more sustainable and livable. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and to own solutions. We are headquartered in Chicago, IL, but we are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
As Veo’s Partnership and Policy Manager, you will work closely with Director of Public Policy and Partnerships and our Partnership team to generate and build new relationships in US. We are looking for a results-oriented professional, who is interested in taking the challenges of bringing disruptive mobility technology to hundreds of cities across the globe and be a motivated, active team player that helps the company grow and scale.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Track legislation relevant to micro-mobility at municipal, county, and state levels
- Creating new leads and help Veo expands our service and products to new cities
- Drive and manage long-term and constructive relationships with clients, including city, staff, elected officials, community, and advocacy groups.
- Build strong messaging to communicate benefits of micro-mobility to different stakeholders and Lead efforts to win local adoption
- Advocate for rules and regulations that benefit and Veo’s local operations approach
- Knowledge transferred to Veo’s Operations team to ensure compliance with local rules and regulations
- Work cross-functionally with Veo management team, operations team, and product team to develop market strategically
- Contribute local knowledge to RFX and permit applications content preparation and submission with proposal team
- Track account progress and updates proactively and responsively through managing our CRM and project management systems
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of political, legal and/or relevant business development experience
- Experience navigating bureaucracy and interacting with various City agencies and stakeholders strongly preferred
- Proven entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit
- Proven ability to effectively lead cross-functional efforts to close deals quickly and responsibly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment
- Natural people connector and responsible relationship builder
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills – A good storyteller
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail
- Independent self-starter with effective people collaboration skills
- Love traveling (up to 50% post-COVID) and welcome last-min arrangement
- Preferred locations: Miami or Los Angeles, open to other locations in the Southeast U.S. and West Coast.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary, Commission and Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, early-stage technology company
- Unlimited Veo Ride Credits
- A Commitment to Professional Development and Mentorship
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-02