Payment Policy Analyst
The Payment Policy Analyst will work with our subject matter experts and team members In Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement methodologies, laws and regulations under the mentorship and guidance of a Senior Policy Analyst/Policy Lead. They must be organized and possess good communication and writing skills. Attention to detail is a must. They must meet assigned deliverables prior to the end of sprint cycles. This person is also a true team player who is flexible to lend a hand on other projects as needed. This role presents an excellent opportunity to learn the basis of healthcare payment methodologies.
• Read and analyze Medicare data and policy including final rulings, daily transmittals, bulletins, policy manual updates, physician fee schedule (data file).
• Contact various government entities to clarify new and existing policy.
• Interpret and deliver business requirements covering reimbursement updates and payment policy changes and enhancement features for translation into software design specifications.
• Create detailed excel formula to explain and prove complex payment methodologies.
• Coordinate with developers, QA, data, client service and other team members to ensure that business requirements are implemented accurately and timely.
• Develop test claims for Developers, UAT and QA.
• Develop and maintain proficiency in the Company’s products (software, data) and services, including commercial contracting features as related to the specific area(s) assigned.
• Become familiar in assigned Provider Payment Systems like APC, DRG, RBRVS.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or comparable field.
• 1-3 years professional experience in healthcare, and familiarity with health care reimbursement systems and methodologies
• Prior Experience or degree in a healthcare related field.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
• Able to collect, research, and understand diverse information, and translate it into clear and concise written requirements.
• Able to plan, prioritize, and balance the need for direction with self-motivated efforts.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience in an agile systems development life cycle (SDLC) environment.
• Facility in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) software applications
• Facility in using various Web-based and other research sources and tools
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, Burgess (burgessgroup.com) is a team of engineers, designers, policy analysts, data scientists, and business leaders who believe thoughtful technology can transform the ﬂow of resources in the American healthcare system. We’re a small team solving a big problem in a system that affects millions of people every day. At Burgess, you’ll join forces with some of the brightest minds in technology, healthcare, and finance, directly influencing our day-to-day decisions and ultimately, the impact we have in the world. Your Contributions Truly Matter. We’re a growing company, so you’ll be given plenty of creative freedom and the opportunity to thrive—everything you do will count. We look forward to hearing from you.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-27