PJM & Federal Reg Policy Mgr
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPL_Corporation (https://twitter.com/PPL_Corporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)
Regular or Temporary
Full-time or Part-time
This position is responsible for determining and advocating PPL Electric business interests on transmission policy and regulatory matters at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Edison Electric Institute (EEI) and PJM Interconnection, LLC and other FERC jurisdictional Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs). The position is also responsible for developing and executing PPL EU’s program and processes for compliance with FERC regulations, providing oversight of transmission rates administration and litigation and gathering and reporting business intelligence to guide transmission business strategy. This position also manages the Interconnection Affairs group responsible for any third-party interconnection to PPL EU’s transmission system. This position reports to the Director, Transmission Asset Management.
1. Develop and implement policy, programs and procedures that ensure PPL Electric compliance with FERC regulations.
2. Ensure timely and effective communication to PPL Electric internal stakeholders of information regarding proposed RTO and regulatory agency policy and rule changes and potential business implications. Identify business interests and formulate policy and influence strategies. Advocate and build coalitions in support of PPL positions on key transmission policy issues at the FERC, PJM, EEI and other industry forums.
3. Partner with PPL Office of General Counsel and Governmental Affairs organizations to protect PPL Electric business interests and influence regulatory outcomes, including development and review of regulatory filings and direct participation in regulatory proceedings.
4. Serve as the PPL Electric single point of contact and executive representative to the management and Board of PJM Interconnection, LLC. Manage the contractual relationship between PPL Electric and PJM and PJM Transmission Owners and represent PPL Electric in the PJM Transmission Owners administration of transmission rate design and revenue recovery provisions in the PJM Open Access Transmission Tariff.
5. Manages the Interconnection Affairs group responsible for coordination and negotiation of third party agreements for parties to connect to PPL EU’s transmission system along with the required NERC compliance obligations. Coordinates with OGC, Transmission planning, Reliability Assurance third party developers, 69kV customers and generators.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
1. BS or BA in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Public Policy or related field.
2. Five years’ experience working in any combination of utility operations, rates, regulatory or legal disciplines.
3. Three years of management or supervisory experience.
4, Demonstrated business acumen and ability to work and communicate effectively in a high ambiguity and fast changing environment.
5. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain trusting and constructive relationships and facilitate consensus decision making with external executives and stakeholder groups.
1. Electric transmission business management experience.
2. Experience working with a FERC jurisdictional Regional Transmission Organization (RTO/ISO).
3. Law degree or advanced degree in business, economics, engineering or related field.
4. Working knowledge of utility rate design and FERC regulations and litigation procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-03