Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Advisor – The Environmental Partnership
The Environmental Partnership is an industry-led initiative, administered by API and managed by the API Upstream Policy department, with a mission to continuously improve the industry’s environmental performance through voluntary action. The candidate will support the Director of the program, work with participating companies and other API staff in the day-to-day operations of the program. Provides subject matter expertise, engages in planning related to specific projects, and supports the program’s priorities and mission. Manages ongoing work effectively and coordinates with API Communications, Policy, Legal, and Government Affairs departments.
- Supports the development of new performance programs and/or operational practices that participating companies can implement to mitigate impacts to the environment.
- Supports organization, planning, content development and onsite preparations for successful execution of the program’s workshops, meetings, and conferences.
- Manages participating company annual reporting, data review, and analyses for annual report.
- Supports content development for communications materials to promote the program through digital and social media; identifies needs for API and/or third-party support.
- Manages and tracks recruitment efforts to grow coalition of participating companies.
- Manages website content and updates to reflect company participation; manages program e-mail communications from general public engagement.
- Supports budget setting and management of budget for projects and research.
- Establishes and maintains contact with the appropriate stakeholders to pursue opportunities to promote and grow the program.
- Represents The Environmental Partnership, as appropriate, before stakeholders and decision makers.
- Provides ongoing support on specific issue areas as technical resource and subject matter expert in some areas. Makes frequent presentations and is expected to organize and lead program workgroups.
- Responds to requests from API staff, participating company representatives, other industry representatives and the public related to the activities of The Partnership.
- Executes administrative tasks or general needs, as needed, for successful implementation and management of The Partnership.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role and subject matter expertise.
- Knowledge of the oil and natural gas industry’s upstream and midstream segment operations and methane emissions associated with the industry segments. General knowledge of global and national greenhouse gas emission inventories and initiatives/opportunities to reduce emissions associated with the oil and natural gas industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and collegially with others in the department, across the organization and with member company representatives are essential.
- Excellent communications (written, verbal and graphical), planning, organizational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Approximately 10% but may vary based on individual job needs and function.
Percentage of travel time expected for the position, where the travel occurs, such as locally or in specific countries or states, and whether the travel is overnight.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all-encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
API is an equal opportunity employer. Our success in maintaining a reputation for professional excellence depends on selecting the best qualified candidates. Achieving this objective means that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or such other grounds as may be covered by applicable federal, state and local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-08