Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Advisor, Federal Policy
Tesla is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join the Policy Team to support its federal advocacy in Washington, DC. The Policy Advisor, Federal Policy will work closely with Tesla’s product, engineering and operations team to advance electric vehicle, autonomous vehicle solar energy and battery storage policies. This person will be expected to spearhead engagement with Congress and the Executive Branch related to autonomous vehicles, supply chain procurement, workforce issues, international trade and permitting.
Location: Washington, DC
- Analyze, research and develop policies across a wide array of legislative and regulatory issue areas, including but not limited to autonomous vehicles, supply chain procurement, workforce issues, international trade and permitting.
- Support the Federal Policy Lead by developing and implementing strategies that advance Tesla’s mission across a range of Congressional policymakers, stakeholders and non-traditional allies.
- Represent Tesla in Congress and in the executive branch and build strong relationships with federal policymakers to accelerate the deployment of electric vehicle, autonomous vehicle, solar energy and battery storage.
- Proactively engage and build coalitions with technical experts, industry associations, local and state authorities, and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure effective collaboration between Tesla’s Policy and Business Development, Operations, and Engineering Teams on policy and regulatory engagements.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience on Capitol Hill, the Executive Branch or in federal advocacy.
- Strong relationships across an ideological spectrum.
- Familiarity with technologies including electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, solar energy and battery storage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize and clearly communicate technical information.
- Strong project management skills
- Highly energetic personality with an ability to function autonomously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field. Masters, Juris Doctor or other advanced degree preferred.
Learn more here
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Job posted: 2022-05-03