Policy Advisor – Midstream
This position will assist the Vice President of Midstream and Industry Operations in efforts to maintain Midstream department’s core functionality and operations, increase member understanding of strategic initiatives, develop technical materials for use in advocacy work, and coordinate with departments throughout the organization to ensure seamless integration of midstream content. This includes developing and maintaining department materials on technical issues as well as overseeing a department dashboard to increase the visibility and understanding of its programs across key stakeholder audiences within the organization and with member companies. S/he will report to the Vice President, Midstream and Industry Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare materials and content: Aid issue managers in the development, production, and maintenance of issue specific content to include advocacy materials, publications, newsletters, online communications, and annual reports, as well as ensure consistency and excellence across materials.
· Ensure department database/library of materials is organized and current.
· Aid Vice President of Midstream and Industry Operations in development of core department materials: Ensure consistency in development of Midstream documents (e.g. strategic plans, charters, and other materials used to communicate roles and activities of the department to internal staff and member company representatives. This will require:
o In-depth knowledge of member objectives and challenges in order to design and implement innovative engagement strategies;
o Capability to aid issue managers and other functions within the organization in the planning, design, and development of content that will allow the internal API team to more effectively and efficiently conduct its advocacy efforts;
o Ability to independently and proactively identify challenges and emerging issues to collaborate with department leadership in the development of appropriate solutions
o Coordination with issue managers to maintain segment specific dashboard.
· Collaborate across API disciplines: Work with API’s communications, legal, federal and state relations, and global industry services teams to ensure alignment in development and execution of Midstream strategic initiatives.
· Facilitate knowledge building and management: In collaboration with the Communications and other appropriate departments within the organization, create and organize content for Midstream intra and internet websites.
· Plan engagement: Coordinate the planning and development of Committee Meetings
o Prepare materials for, participate in, and follow up after meetings and events to ensure they are successful in moving Midstream efforts forward;
o Provide logistical and onsite support for Midstream team events.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· Bachelor’s degree is required. Five plus years of experience of demonstrated experience in communications material development. Candidate should also have experience in implementing strategic internal and external programs and policies to advance an organization’s goals. Knowledge of broad oil and natural gas industry operations preferred but not required. Experience in public policy advocacy, regulatory affairs, or government may serve as comparable experience.
· Excellent communications (both written and oral) skills are essential along with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills as well as time management and strong organizational skills.
· Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output. Able to reason her/his way through novel problems and have good instincts about how to get to optimal solutions.
· Highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality. Supports multiple team members to deliver high-quality, customer-ready deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
API is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-06-20