Policy Advisor State Government Relations
Indiana Farm Bureau, the state’s largest general farm organization with more than 250,000 members, has provided services and programs to its members since 1919. As a member organization, Indiana Farm Bureau works to be an effective advocate for farmers and, through its policies and programs, promote agriculture and improve the economic and social welfare of member families.
We currently have a great opportunity for a person to serve in the role of State Government Relations & Policy Advisor on our Public Policy Team. This group is responsible for advocacy, policy development and policy implementation. They also identify, monitor and represent agricultural interests on emerging issues. The Policy Advisor has a key role in protecting and promoting the interest of Farm Bureau members and Indiana agriculture by advocating on state and local policy issues.
- Implement strategic and coordinated advocacy for Indiana Farm Bureau policies
- Establish and maintain interactive working relationships of trust with members of State and Local Government agencies, boards and other organized groups
- Research and stay abreast of state and local issues and changes affecting agriculture
- Prepare and deliver reports to Farm Bureau Board of Directors and other affiliates
- Assist with the development, dissemination and conduct of information and training regarding policy development techniques
- Establish, maintain and promote relations with political parties and leaders throughout the state
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer Public Affairs or agricultural related discipline
- Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory processes with a preferred focus on agricultural field
- High preference for 5 years’ experience in the public policy area
- Ability to demonstrate skills needed to be influential, organized and confident
- Prior experience with parliamentary bodies and Indiana General Assembly procedures and protocols.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Comfortable conducting presentations to a wide range of audiences
Job posted: 2020-11-02