ArdentMC is seeking a dynamic Strategic Policy Analyst individual to join our team. The ideal candidate is passionate about policy analysis, is a self-starter, have a legal background, and able to work with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing laws and policies to make logical recommendations to the Federal Government. US Citizenship required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze information to assist in the planning, development, interpretation of government, agency or industry policies and guidance. Identifies, researches and develops short and long term policy priorities to assist in the formulation of strategic policy, government wide policy guidance and prioritization activities. Prepares written narrative and analytical reports, memoranda, summaries, policy and research findings for review and approval. Briefs stakeholders on relevant issues through PowerPoint presentations, facilitated discussions and full reports. Conducts research and statistical analysis of policy issues, emerging technology and industry trends.
- Acts as team member supporting government wide policy office. Provides facilitation and focus groups discussions. Develops agendas, creates materials, tracks meeting notes/minutes, liaises with group members, assembles panels of experts, and provides administrative support.
- Engages in industry outreach to increase knowledge of trends in applicable areas including emerging technology, strategic government-wide policy and good government initiatives. Analyzes existing policies, laws, agencies guidance regulations to identify policy gaps or inconsistencies, assess policy impact, and identify opportunities for improvement in issuing government wide policies. Conducts quantitative analysis on data available. Determines best practices and suggests policy changes based on findings.
- Develops and conducts survey research relating to agency/technology issues. Designs standard forms and procedural manuals, as well as related materials, to be utilized when collecting data (e.g. questionnaires, charts and graphs) and/or providing briefing material. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Public Affairs/Public Policy
- Political Science/International Affairs
- 3-5 years experience in relevant field
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional research, analysis and writing skills
- Juris Doctorate
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Awareness of US public policy
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise text
- Research experience in public policy and government affairs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interest in a career that requires regular writing assignments
- Candidates should also be self-motivated and self-starting.
- Strong organizational and inter-personal skills.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, ArdentMC will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-24