The Policy Analyst will conduct research and analysis on health care legislation and policy topics, manage experiential and grassroots advocacy engagement, and support and lead special projects as necessary. Working closely with the Government Relations team, the Analyst will enhance the effectiveness of the department by responding to multiple and diverse requests in a fast-paced political environment. During state legislative session, the Analyst will have to execute on plans and instructions under deadline and take on new tasks and opportunities on short notice. The Analyst is an integral part of the government relations team and is accountable for managing many of the content we produce to keep our organization informed of key legislation impacting the growth of Kaiser Permanente and the impact to our members and the broader communities of Washington.
- Analyze Washington State Legislation and provide bill summaries and bill position information for internal and external distribution.
- Compile and analyze internal subject matter expert feedback on key health care and fiscal policies
Develop policy memos, fact sheets, talking points, and testimony in coordination with government relations team.
Monitor key bills under review during legislative session and update internal tracking tools for distribution to team members, subject matter expert, and leaders.
Lead experiential and grassroots advocacy engagement on health policy issues.
Write articles/content for internal communications platforms summarizing government affairs issues.
- Bachelor’s degree OR four (4) years of directly related experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated skills in researching and analyzing public policy issues, including an ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and focus quickly on the essence of an issue.
- Disciplined manager of time and projects.
- Ability to synthesize and incorporate feedback.
- Resourceful, well-organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise independent judgement.
- Comfortable with digital platforms and learning new software.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, and other relevant software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding information accessed or discussed while performing the duties of the position.
- Two (2) years of directly related experience, preferably in a legislative office or campaign, non-profit organization, trade association or in health care industry.
- Experience in policy analysis, research, and communications.
- Experience working on cross-functional team and interacting with clients, vendors, subject matter experts, or organizational leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, health care management, research, or related discipline.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-30