Washington, DC (Remote)
- Identifies, researches and develops short- and long-term policy priorities to assist in the formulation of strategic policy, guidance and prioritization activities.
- Prepares written narrative and analytical reports, memoranda, summaries, policy and research findings for review and approval. Briefs stakeholders on relevant issues through PowerPoint presentations, facilitated discussions and full reports.
- Conducts research and statistical analysis of policy issues as required
- Acts as team member and provides facilitation and focus groups discussions. Develops agendas, creates materials, tracks meeting notes/minutes, liaises with group members, assembles panels of experts, and provides administrative support.
- Engages in industry outreach to increase knowledge of trends in applicable areas
- Analyzes existing policies, laws, agencies guidance regulations to identify policy gaps or inconsistencies, assess policy impact, and identify opportunities for improvement in issuing government wide policies.
- Conducts quantitative analysis on data available. Determines best practices and suggests policy changes based on findings.
- Develops and conducts survey research relating to agency/technology issues.
- Designs standard forms and procedural manuals, as well as related materials, to be utilized when collecting data (e.g. questionnaires, charts and graphs) and/or providing briefing material.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 3-5 years experience in relevant field
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional research, analysis and writing skills
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Awareness of US public policy
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise text
- Research experience in public policy and government affairs
- Strong organizational and inter-personal skills
- Active Public Trust or security clearance
- Ability to present to senior executive government personnel
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-27