DC Primary Care Association is a 20-year old nonprofit health equity and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the health of DC’s vulnerable residents by ensuring access to high quality primary health care.
Our membership currently includes 15 community health centers and community-based organizations located in the District of Columbia and the Maryland suburbs. Between them, our members own and operate nearly 60 health care delivery sites that serve approximately 200,000 residents.
The Policy Analyst is responsible for tracking, and reporting on federal, state, and District of Columbia policies impacting health centers and the DC health system. The Policy Analyst supports the work of the Policy Department by assisting in: coordination and preparation of public testimony, maintenance of policymaker relationships, communications with health center and other advocacy partners, research and policy briefs on relevant policy and advocacy issues, and mobilization on advocacy priorities. Additionally, the Policy Analyst will support DCPCA’s facilitation of/participation in relevant coalitions, meetings, and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks and reports relevant federal, state and District health policy action
- Researches and analyzes emerging policy issues to support development of policy recommendations
- Facilitates and coordinates response to public hearings, including preparing and finalizing testimony, and other public forums
- Engages and supports DCPCA members and partners to advocate for CHCs, and DCPCA policy goals through policy analysis, testimony, communications, and campaigns
- Supports and executes legislative and administrative events to highlight DCPCA policy priorities and showcase work of CHCs to legislative and regulatory agencies
- Supports DCPCA’s health reform and policy advocacy agenda
- Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Produce reports for publication and/or distribution and present on a range of topics relevant to position
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals with diverse cultural and education backgrounds and skill levels.
- Specialized knowledge required by the institution to complete policy, programmatic or administrative responsibilities.
- Ability to manage projects and contacts independently.
- Ability to identify problems and to differentiate between those that are within the scope of the staff member’s responsibilities and those that require supervisor input.
- Ability to contribute to strategic decision making for the good of the program and the organization.
- Ability to develop, implement and manage work plans with minimum supervision.
- Ability to synthesize project goals with institution’s overall goals.
DCPCA offers competitive salary based on experience and skills of employees. Additionally, DCPCA provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b match, ancillary benefits, access to Flexible Spending Accounts, and generous leave benefits.
This position is primarily sedentary in the Washington DC office with occasional overnight travel and may require some bending and lifting.
DCPCA is a fast-paced, high-energy organization with a very ambitious agenda and a staff that is highly motivated. This job may experience high work demands under tight timelines. Traveling required throughout the District of Columbia.
Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-11