Support the work of the Director of Government Affairs and the legal compliance team to increase company response to changes in laws and regulations by monitoring proposed policy changes at the federal, state, administrative, and local levels.
- Collaborate to monitor proposed policy changes at the federal, state, administrative, and local levels
- Coordinate the dissemination of policy changes between legal team, marketing, sales, and client services
- Analyze Legal Briefs, Policy, and Documents for internal use Sales/Marketing/Product Development
- Draft memos, agendas and briefs alongside legal team to advise Director of Government Affairs, Managing Attorney, Chief Officers, and others.
- Serve as internal liaison to expand the Director of Government Affairs bandwidth to attend meetings, monitor legislative procedures across the country and create reports.
- Assist legal team with cross department communications.
- Communicate with lobby efforts and legislatures regarding future policy impacting Paycom.
- Help expand and contribute our efforts in targeting and growing government client
- Others duties as assigned.
MINIMUM BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA in political science, communications, technical writing or a related field.
- 1 year of related experience working with policy, political campaigns, or advocacy
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and rules regarding lobbying and experience interacting with elected officials.
- Technical writing skill to prepare reports and analysis of proposed policy
- Proficiency with computers, specifically in Microsoft office and with web conferencing
- Strong project management skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor. Professional dress code required
- Knowledge of Data Collection & Analysis
- Knowledge of creating executive summaries
- Ability to prioritize tasks to effectively meet deadlines or complete work early
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-23