Full Job Description
About the Organization:
Patients For Affordable Drugs (P4AD) is the only independent national patient organization focused exclusively on achieving policy changes to lower the price of prescription drugs. The organization, founded by a patient with an incurable blood cancer, amplifies the voices of
Americans struggling under crushing drug prices to make policymakers and elected officials see the heavy toll of high-priced drugs. P4AD does not accept contributions from any organizations that profit from the development or distribution of prescription drugs.
About the Role:
P4AD is looking for a policy analyst to support its legislative work. Candidates must be interested in drug pricing policy and familiar with the US health care system. Ideal candidates will be strong writers with experience in research and policy analysis.
Policy Analyst Responsibilities:
- Research federal policy and legislative proposals.
- Monitor and track federal legislation, regulations, and administrative action on drug pricing.
- Analyze and summarize policy in order to guide organizational positions and involvement in advancing legislation.
- Attend conference calls and meetings about P4AD engagement on federal legislation.
- Draft letters to Congress and the Administration outlining P4AD’s support or opposition to policy positions.
- Create meeting prep documents for P4AD staff as we engage with Capitol Hill offices.
- Write policy memos and briefing materials for senior level staff on issues related to drug pricing.
- Attend meetings with Congressional staffers to educate on and advocate for legislative solutions.
- Assist with patient meetings with Congressional staff and members.
- Draft remarks, testimony, and briefing materials for patients and staff interactions with Congress, state legislatures, reporters, and policy experts.
- Lead research projects into drug pricing issues and opportunities for policy reforms.
- Lead research projects on pharmaceutical companies and their abusive pricing practices.
- Monitor and track drug pricing trends and price hikes using drug pricing databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, public policy, political science, or a related field
- Previous experience reading, analyzing, and working on health policy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks at once
- Open to feedback with a strong desire to develop professionally
- P4AD provides competitive compensation and benefits including health insurance, life insurance, and 401K to its employees
- Position is based in DC, but will be remote for the time being due to the COVID-19 crisis
- Position is full-time
- Position is grant-funded through December 2021
- Position will require limited travel once allowed under COVID-19 protocols
To apply, please email application materials to with “Policy Analyst
– Your Name” in the subject line. Please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Three references (at least two professional references)
- Only finalists will be contacted for next steps
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Research Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-28