Artlin Consulting is seeking motivated individuals who are passionate about helping clients achieve excellence. Qualified candidates will have a creative, holistic, and systematic approach to problem-solving. Artlin Consulting will be supporting a Department of Defense client that oversees and implements business enterprise initiatives related to Department of Defense (DoD)-wide pricing policies and strategies to support the procurement of major defense system programs, major automated information systems, and service acquisitions for the Department.
The Policy Analyst will help support to analyze, assess, develop, and evaluate any procedures, legislation, doctrine, policy, strategy, program, and training to enable the client to implement various pricing and contracting mission requirements. They will have expertise in supporting business enterprise initiatives related to DoD policy for pricing; DoD contract policy for domestic, international, and contingency contracting; associated pricing and contracting e-business solutions; and DoD procurement regulations. Qualifies candidates will have knowledge around the NDAA and defense pricing and contracting policies.
- Support the contracting rulemaking process, including Paperwork Reduction Act compliance, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) web publishing, Defense Acquisition Regulations System (DARS) case management, and ad hoc support
- Support requests from congressionally mandates panels such as the AbilityOne Program Section 898
- Research and advise on procurement policy, contract policy, purchase card policy, contracting e-business policy, contingency contracting policy, price-cost-finance policy
- Advise on contingency contracting-related legislation, policies, and regulations as they relate to Operational Contract Support and Vendor Threat Mitigation
- Edit draft DFARS and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) rules to enter the publication queue for submission
- Review and edit FAR approval-to-publish packages for proposed rules and processing public comments
- Develop Defense Base Act geographic waivers, research Defense Base Act compliance and complete draft waiver packages, and support requests for information on existing or planned waivers
- Prepare, publish, and maintain DPC memorandums and regulatory class deviations
- Support the development of contingency contracting-related legislation, policies, and regulations through doing in depth research and analysis and responding to policy audits
- Assist with drafting emergency acquisition information releases for DPC
- Assist with updating handbooks as required to implement pricing or contracting policy changes or NDAA requirements specifically Defense Contingency Contracting Handbook and DoD Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) Handbook
- Research the implementation and interpretation of Other Transaction Authority (OTA) policy matters
- Maintain Hearing Ready books for A&S leaders to testify on the Hill on various pricing and contracting topics
- Perform research and data analysis for Reciprocal Defense Procurement agreements, trade discussions with partners and allies, and procurements related to the Berry Amendment and Buy American Act
- Utilize organizational strategy materials and contracting data to develop outreach presentations designed for varying stakeholders such as DoD senior leaders, the DoD contracting workforce, and the Defense Industrial Base including preparing materials and talking points.
- Prepare responses to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, media engagement, and speaking engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of experience working with Defense contracting, pricing, and acquisition/ procurement; Master’s degree preferred
- Expertise with all areas listed above
- Proficient abilities in MS Office suite
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III certification in Acquisition or Contracting highly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly preferred
- Active Secret Clearance Required
Artlin Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-15