Detroit, MI, US
Company: DTE Eng Corp Svcs LLC
Job ID: 6546
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
- Professional position responsible for working on a range of federal, state and local energy policy issues. Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Initiatives, the analyst will play an active role in Corporate & Government Affairs to help define and establish the ideal political, community, and public policy context for DTE Energy to achieve its strategic business objectives. The analyst will be involved in preparation of decision support material for DTE senior management, gathering intelligence, developing communications materials, research and analysis on policy issues, articulating risks and tracking performance metrics. Work involves performing difficult and complex analysis requiring a high level of independent judgment, initiative and discretion. Work is mainly self-directed, with work results reviewed through the achievement of set goals and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Decision Support:
- Development of strategy and financial forecasting material in support of annual planning cycle activities.
- Prepare presentations and perform analytical work in support of senior management decision making on government, regulatory and community matters.
- Policy, political and business research, analysis and data visualization in support of company’s policy positions.
- Drive performance: Development of dashboards and tracking of performance metrics in support of Corporate & Government Affairs’ continuous improvement activities.
- Intelligence Activities: Electronic and manual data gathering, analysis, and dissemination of information pertinent to energy policy and political activities.
- Advocacy Operations:
- Develop communications material in support of issue advocacy efforts.Maintenance of online advocacy assets and social media properties.
- Project Support:
- Further Corporate & Government Affairs initiatives through coordination with industry partners and work with external service providers.
- Development and coordination of internal training activities on critical policy issues.
- Assignment of other project support functions and special projects as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Political Science, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics or related area
- Individuals who will be obtaining their degree within nine months from submitting interest will be considered; however, verification of the degree will be required prior to starting in the job
- Prior experience or exposure to regulation policies that impact electric or gas utility
- Prior experience working for government body, elected official or political campaign
- Coursework in Statistics and Microeconomics
- Experience with data visualization, social media, and information technology development
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internetbased services and applications.
- Experience analyzing and presenting data utilizing business analytics software.
- Strong quantitative skills, and the ability to understand and analyze complex business issues.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively while demonstrating strong analytical skills.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven abilities to cohesively defend or justify recommendations.
- Self-starter that can handle challenging assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain confidential and effective working relationships with supervisor, coworkers, management and the general public.
- Ability to work independently within a team oriented environment.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Job posted: 2021-05-25