Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 180,000 employees, approximately 80,000 of which are engaged in Research & development. Huawei operates a global network of 12 regional headquarters, 14 R&D Centers, 36 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future…faster.
Huawei provides you the opportunity to help shape the future of telecommunications… everywhere.
The Policy Analyst will work closely with our internal team and agency to support think tank strategy, parliamentary committee issues, and also another research and analytical duty.
Think Tank Research Support
- Conduct daily think tank monitoring and reporting
- Provide analysis on national and international think tank reports, with focus on foreign relations and geopolitical issues, security and defense, and other related issues.
- Write, edit and proofread report materials (reports, briefing notes, minutes)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local, regional and national think tanks
- Plan and coordinate scheduling and logistics for think tank visits and overseas trips
- Research and prepare think tank updates briefing
Policy Research Support
- Conduct daily federal policy monitoring and reporting
- Provide analysis on government reports, with focus on US-China Relation and company related issues
- Write, edit and proofread policy report (reports, briefing notes, minutes)
Other Research or Event Support requested by the supervisor or higher leadership
Education: University Degree in Political Science, Public Policy or International Relations
- Previous experience working in think tank, university or other research institution
- Experience researching on government relation, international relation, policy analysis
- Demonstrated good understanding of think tanks environment in US
- Demonstrated good understanding of American political system, especially parliamentary system.
Keys to Success:
- Skilled project management with the ability to solve problems in timely manner
- Flexible and able to work under pressure of tight deadlines;
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Collaborative style with experience working with cross-functional teams and Creative, reliable, responsible and accurate approach with an attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to speak, write and read English and conduct research
- Proficient using MS Office, social media platforms, basic HTML, and google for research
Huawei Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted: 2021-05-25