Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation’s nuclear nonproliferation mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) as a Program Analyst for a research and development program. This position requires a person with demonstrated analytical expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success. Key attributes include initiative and critical thinking to identify and prioritize actions to assist the federal program managers to be successful in achieving program goals.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in the Washington DC NNSA offices.
- Analyzing program data and information to assess priorities, completeness, and consistency for technical and programmatic communication within and external to the program management office.
- Checking the level of quality and fidelity of programmatic and technical data, and other information used to propagate program status and initiating corrections, updates, and replacements as indicated.
- Writing status presentations, white papers, and other deliverables, i.e., talking points, briefing papers, and Congressional testimony, that communicate schedule, cost, and program status including risks and needs.
- Coordinating task completion with other on-site and remote technical support contractors and subject matter experts to complete assignments.
- Facilitating meetings with partners and senior agency management staff.
- Supporting federal program managers with project evaluation and providing written reviews of project documents.
- Participating in both technical and programmatic exchanges between federal program managers and stakeholders to provide recommendations and expert advice.
Active DOE Q and/or DOE TS clearance
Required education and qualifications:
- Must have an active DOE Q clearance or a DoD Top Secret clearance with no impedance to being read into Secure Compartmented Information (SCI).
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in a fast-paced and technically-related environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a technical discipline.
- General awareness of the nuclear fuel cycle and nuclear weapons.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing and writing strategic documents, action and management plans, and briefing papers for senior agency leadership.
- Ability to meet deadlines and track and follow-through on multiple often unanticipated daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications (MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a related technical discipline.
- Familiarity with nonproliferation topics such as treaties (e.g., the NPT, CTBT), institutions (e.g., IAEA, CTBTO) and practices (safeguards, monitoring, and verification).
- Certification as a Project Management Professional from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Familiarity with the mission and function of DOE/NNSA, including its budget cycle and financial tracking systems, as well as its classified matter protection and control policies.
Knowledge of U.S. government strategic documents for national security, nuclear posture, nuclear nonproliferation, and radiation detection.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-18