Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world’s human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That’s why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn’t strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
The Policy Analyst will serve as a subject matter expert on health and social policy, analyzing the business impact of policy at the state and federal level, and helping inform Aunt Bertha’s engagement as a thought leader in the social care space. The ideal person for this job is somebody who has technical knowledge of Medicaid, broad familiarity with social service programs, and understands the legislative process.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and track relevant legislative and regulatory activity at the state and federal level
- Develop and own internal communication systems related to assigned policy areas and the business impact for the company
- Prepare high-quality internal and external-facing written material, including policy briefs, white papers, and blog posts
- Identify and track the work of key stakeholder groups, projects, and initiatives focused on health and social policy, social determinants of health, and social care
- Support our Government Relations and leadership teams to drive strategic engagement on key policy issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the company on Medicaid and social safety programs, effectively synthesizing and communicating learnings to other parts of the business, including customer-facing and product teams
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience in health and social policy inside or outside of government
- Experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders, including policymakers and their staff
- Knows how to go deep on research projects and is a proactive learner
- Superior communication & policy translation skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including the C-suite. You can turn your in-depth policy research into something relatable and you’re comfortable tailoring your communication to your audience.
- Works with minimal direction to achieve goals. You’re a proactive self-starter.
- Can manage a broad scope of work expertly. You’ll have a number of plates in the air in this role and you can ensure none of those plates will drop.
- Superior attention to detail. This position requires strong analytic, communication, planning and project management skills.
- Takes charge to figure things out when there is ambiguity. You’re not afraid of researching things you don’t know about.
- Can handle change. As a fast-growing company, change is a constant and you’re comfortable with that.
- Is in it for the Mission. You believe that no task is too small in the service of our mission.
- Preference will be given to applicants with an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Public Policy, Public Affairs, Health Administration, or other related area.
- Prior work in local, state, or federal government a plus
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.
Job posted: 2021-09-12