Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
- Evaluate existing DHS policies, analyze and report on findings, and propose new policies or amendments to existing policies; engage stakeholders and submit policy proposals for review.
- Support the identification, assessment, coordination, and implementation of operational policy issues aligned with DHS enterprise requirements.
- Help establish new or updated policies for DHS, assess progress of policy outputs and outcomes, and document policy processes.
- Identify legal flaws in policies and recommend amendments.
- Develop policy risk mitigation strategies.
- Communicate, coordinate, and advise stakeholders on DHS operational Information Sharing policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and deliverables.
- Develop policy products to include White Papers, instructions / guidelines for Information Sharing rules, policy analysis reports, policy Change Requests (CRs), and policy assessments.
- Support policy communications efforts and conduct policy training.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- May be required to supervise others.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to pass DHS entry of duty (EOD) requirements including background investigation for DHS suitability with the ability to obtain and maintain DHS suitability and a Public Trust security clearance to start.
- Work location in the continental U.S.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline.
- Ten (10) years of recent combined policy planning, organizing, and implementation experience.
- Travel may be required.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with DHS Components including DHS Office of Operations Coordination, OCIO, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Air and Marine Operations (AMO), and/or U.S. Coast Guard (USCG).
- Experience working with internal and external DHS operational Information Sharing policy stakeholders and communities of interest.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple government, contractor, subcontractor, and other stakeholders to complete projects in compressed time-frames.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job posted: 2021-12-20