Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Wilkinson Barker Knauer LLP seeks an entry-level policy analyst for its top-tier regulatory practice in Washington, DC. This is a non-exempt position with a 40-hour work week and the need for occasional overtime. We provide competitive compensation and benefits and an enjoyable, good-natured work environment. The Policy Analyst collaborates closely with attorneys to perform the following tasks:
- Provide research and analysis of regulatory, legislative, and industry developments across a range of issues in the communications industry and other regulated industries
- Attend and observe industry events and prepare written summaries for distribution within the Firm and to clients
- Assist with monitoring of FCC dockets
- Maintain the master list of FCC deadlines, actions, and industry events for weekly Firm meeting
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reports on a variety of policy issues
- Watch webcasts of Congressional hearings and prepare summaries
- Summarize trade press articles, white papers, and relevant industry developments
- Draft biographies of industry and political figures for briefings
- Conduct non-legal research (i.e., market data, industry trends, legislative research, etc.)
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for speaking engagements
Education and/or Experience
Requires a Bachelors degree or 0-2 years of experience in a relevant field.
About Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP
WBK specializes in regulatory practice before federal and state agencies, including the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the Patent and Trademark Office, and state public utilities commissions, and in complex transactional matters presenting challenging regulatory issues.
WBK is a special place and we mean it when we say we are #notjustanotherlawfirm. The firm offers clients the capabilities and expertise of a large firm combined with the personal style only a smaller firm can deliver. Each day we work together for both the common good of the group and the common goal of building and maintaining a nationally recognized legal practice. We highly value collaboration and support each other personally and professionally using our individual talents and expertise. All employees are encouraged to contribute in their own waysthere is no single model for success. We avoid silos, hierarchy, and bureaucracy, working as a team to deliver results.
WBK is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic background, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status. The ideal candidate will also bring a strong work ethic, team-oriented ethos, and a healthy, perhaps even irreverent, sense of humor. We look forward to meeting you.
How to Apply
If you are a self-starter with a keen intellect, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a good sense of humor, there is no better place to work. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript, and salary requirements to: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=65216&clientkey=A20996B513B8B8CE447749612059F666
Job posted: 2022-01-10