Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The Policy Analyst provides policy and health care market research, monitoring, legislative analysis, regulatory analysis, and strategic support on client matters. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Medicare Part A and B, life sciences, pharmacy, and mental & behavioral health issues. Clients include some of the top health plans, provider organizations, industry coalitions, and innovators throughout the country. The ability to pursue research questions, analyze complex and evolving trends and synthesize and communicate findings (written and verbal) in a fast-paced environment is a core requirement of the position. The candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to present complex information to internal and external audiences with varying backgrounds and in a variety of formats, ranging from PowerPoint presentations and short summaries to detailed memos and white papers. Title and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Work as a part of a team to provide analysis to clients on various aspects of health care policy, market and economic trends, regulations, legislation, and operations.
- Monitor and analyze evolving health care issues and related reports and synthesize and track trends for the team.
- Support the development of updates for external stakeholders, with the help of content experts, as necessary.
- Conduct background research and data analysis as necessary to support development of health policy and strategic business materials.
- Research and support development client-facing materials, including drafting and editing written materials for clients, such as formal papers, memos, PowerPoints, and comment letters.
- Draft summaries of key legislation, regulation, hearings, industry meetings and guidance
- Assist in coordination and planning of client meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Additional 2-5 years of experience and/or applicable graduate degree in health care policy preferred.
- Experience monitoring, summarizing, and analyzing federal legislation, regulations, rules, & guidance.
- Broad understanding of dynamics of health care policy and the sector’s trends; health care industry experience and/or relevant coursework.
- Understanding of how health care is financed and delivered in the U.S. including working knowledge of Medicare Advantage, Medicare FFS, Medicaid, exchange markets, employer health plans, health care reform, life sciences, and quality measurement.
- Interest in advancing constructive and innovative changes to the health care system.
- Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail and familiarity with health care data sources.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Self-managed with proven skills, initiative, and time management to prioritize work & deliver results.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines.
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to meet the needs of multiple clients.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate “Policy Analyst” in the subject line.
Applicants not providing salary requirements will not be considered.
Job posted: 2022-08-03