Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Analyst – Climate & ESG
* Cover letter required.
Supports API in public policy advocacy and analysis, strategic communications, and research work related to climate and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues as they relate to the oil and natural gas industry. Provides technical and policy support/guidance to API and assigned member company committees as required. Provides assistance to other API policy segments (Downstream, Midstream, Upstream, and Natural Gas Markets) and other API departments (e.g., Communications, Federal Relations) by providing critical information and analysis to support key policy objectives.
- Provides quick and concise analysis of US federal and state legislation or regulation and of US participation in international negotiations that could be of impact to the oil and natural gas industry in the area of climate change and ESG reporting, and provides issue updates to Climate & ESG Policy team and to API management.
- Monitors and/or conducts (with supervision provided) analysis of research findings and technical background documents of climate and ESG research by government agencies, other industry groups, financial institutions, and academia – working with API’s policy advisors, economists, and environmental and public health scientists.
- Conducts analysis and provides programmatic assistance for the implementation of API industry initiatives on ESG/sustainability reporting, technology innovation to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and GHG measurement.
- Contributes to the development of API policy positions and supports API committee efforts in climate and ESG reporting.
- Responds to events quickly and provides information/data for API to use to communicate industry viewpoints.
- Attends and conducts analyses of relevant external meetings (Capitol Hill/Administration/3rd party events) and provides analytical reports to staff.
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role and subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area – with a preference for a degree in environmental or social science, public policy, or business with an academic focus on environment, climate, and corporate sustainability – or other related field equivalent work experience.
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and collegially with others are essential.
- Excellent communications (written, verbal and graphical), planning, organizational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to remain in a stationary position working on a computer
- Move about the office to access office machinery, meeting rooms, etc. on occasion
- Operate a computer and other office machinery such as printers and copy machines
- Transport items and equipment up to 10 lbs. on occasion
- No more than 10% but may vary based on individual job needs and function; any travel would likely be short duration and within the United States.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all-encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
API is an equal opportunity employer. Our success in maintaining a reputation for professional excellence depends on selecting the best qualified candidates. Achieving this objective means that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or such other grounds as may be covered by applicable federal, state and local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-08