Policy Analyst Consultant
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are actively seeking an experienced Senior Cyber Policy Analyst to conduct cyber policy research, coordination planning, and implementation approaches to support national security policies and decision-making. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will contribute directly to the production of valuable intelligence to facilitate positive mission outcomes.
The selected candidate directly coordinates with colleagues and senior-level government personnel on the status of various tasks/initiatives and serves as a subject matter expert, consulting and advising senior IC decision-makers throughout the process of USG interagency policy development and operational implementations.
- Write technical papers and position papers, provides operational tradeoff positions and analyses. Provides briefings and leads discussions for senior officers regarding the same.
- Draft memos, talking points, backgrounders, and other products for senior leaders. Review policy documents and provides feedback.
- Support, facilitate, coordinate, and attend senior-level meetings, track and record meeting summaries and action items, and progress on next steps toward completion.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to develop relationships, collaborate, and set and achieve objectives.
- Create and maintain website content, databases, calendars, and resource repositories.
- Generate innovative ideas and leverage advances in technology to accomplish the IC customer mission more efficiently and effectively.
- Lead and assist other team members in policy research to support national policies and senior level decision-making.
- Directly coordinate with colleagues and senior-level government personnel on the status of various tasks/initiatives.
- Independently conducts the necessary research, analysis, review, revision, and the coordination to provide a finished product to the customer.
- Attend working groups to record issues and recommends solutions relative to critical topics and implementation issues.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- Degree in Business Administration in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or Cyber Security (or related fields)
- Fifteen years of related experience in the responsibilities areas defined in the description
- Minimum of 5 years of direct of experience supporting IC elements and/or DOD. These years may be concurrent with the requisite years of experience.
- Familiarity with the IC and its components, as well as the associated missions, disciplines, capabilities, and interrelationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior leaders from inside and outside the USG, and to coordinate, network, and communicate across the IC.
- Excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information in a simplified, clear, and concise manner, with written or oral communications.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner’s ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-08