Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Analyst – Program on Medicare Policy
POSITION TITLE: Policy Analyst
LOCATION: Washington, DC (preferred) or San Francisco, CA
STATUS: Full-Time; term-limited position through November 30, 2024 (with possibility of extension)
PROGRAM AREA: Program on Medicare Policy
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation), a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
The Program on Medicare Policy provides information, research, and analysis related to the Medicare program, with a focus on issues of concern to the population of older adults and people with long-term disabilities that Medicare covers. The Policy Analyst will be working in collaboration with other KFF staff on a grant-funded initiative related to Medicare solvency and sustainability, which includes a focus on Medicare spending and financing, Medicare Advantage, prescription drugs, provider payments, and delivery system reforms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis related to Medicare solvency and sustainability and assist in analyzing and interpreting data and identifying key findings.
- Write and prepare KFF documents, including fact sheets, policy briefs, blogs, presentations, and other products.
- Prepare figures, tables, charts, and other data visualizations to effectively communicate findings from quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Keep abreast of new policy developments and research pertaining to Medicare issues, including Medicare spending and financing, Medicare Advantage, prescription drugs, provider payments, and delivery system reforms.
- Review and synthesize policy documents, proposals, legislation, regulations, academic literature, and other secondary sources of information relevant to Medicare solvency and sustainability.
- Assist in responding to external inquiries from the media, policymakers, stakeholders, and others in the policy community.
- Assist with communication strategies to disseminate work, including engaging with the external community on social media.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in health policy analysis or research. Advanced academic training can be counted towards this requirement.
- General knowledge of federal policy related to Medicare.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze policy issues, summarize policy research, and effectively communicate key issues to lay audiences.
- Experience interpreting quantitative data and presenting findings visually in charts, figures, and tables.
- Ability to work independently on concurrent projects and balance multiple priorities, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Inquisitive, creative, productive, positive-minded, and results oriented.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s Washington, DC office, located downtown near Metro Center (preferred) or in KFF’s San Francisco headquarters. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 2 days a week, with a longer-term hybrid policy of 3 days a week. The position is term-limited through November 30, 2024, with the possibility of extension.
The annual salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $80,000. Offers are based on the candidate’s years of experience and KFF’s practice of upholding salary equity. KFF also offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, and you have the requisite experience and qualifications, please click the button to apply. All applicants are required to submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please describe how your education, professional experience and interests align with the duties and qualifications outlined above.
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
KFF requires all employees to provide proof that they are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender-identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-22