Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Analyst, Tech Policy Center
Title: Policy Analyst, Tech Policy Center
Reports to: Director, Tech Policy Center
Job Summary: The Policy Analyst is responsible for contributing to the development of policy papers, studies and reports by conducting unsupervised research on the impact of technology on culture, society, and American self-governance. This position serves on research teams with lead responsibility for regulatory analysis and rulemaking by tech-related government agencies. The Policy Analyst works with other staff to enhance research and refine proposals into affirmative public policy positions that advance Heritage’s agenda of holding Big Tech companies accountable through antitrust enforcement, reform of existing legislation, and the proposal of new measures to end its abuses, limit harms to minors, and challenge its anti-competitive practices.
- Conducts policy analysis and scholarly research.
- Develops innovative policy recommendations and proposals.
- Organize large quantities of data and information into effective policy or advocacy papers.
- Organize events and meetings with key stakeholders.
- Participate at public functions and conferences.
- Participates in the greater public policy community and debate.
- Effectively and frequently interact with Congressional members and staff.
- Assists in preparation of Congressional testimonies.
Education: Graduate degree relevant to tech policy or commensurate technical expertise.
Experience: 3-5 years in public policy research and advocacy; facility with commercial social media platforms; superior technical proficiency
Communication: Effective writer and public speaker
Technology: Microsoft Suite
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Promote policies consistent with Heritage’s priorities; speak with one voice.
- Experience analyzing federal regulations and/or rulemaking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Practical experience in a relevant field and ability to apply conservative principles to policy research on current topics.
- Professionalism: highest possible degree (adaptability, maturity, integrity and accountability).
- Initiative: highest possible, requiring only general guidance with high degree of independent action.
- Innovation: exceptional entrepreneurial skills and willingness to take initiative.
- Knowledge level: Relatively in-depth knowledge of two or more (related) public policy areas, such as social media or Big Tech policy.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-29