Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Policy Analyst, Trust and Safety, Google Ads
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of experience in policy technology and internet policy issues (e.g., intellectual property, free expression, online safety, etc.)
- Experience working with an array of cross-functional stakeholders such as engineering and product management
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: coding, databases and querying, statistical analysis
- Experience using data and technology to solve business problems
- Ability to translate issues into simple, clear language and exercise judgment in a crisis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Excellent leadership, organization, and teamwork skills
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As an Google Ads Policy Analyst, you will draw on deep policy expertise to drive change to our products, policies, systems and processes, and connect widely across policy, product, engineering, sales, government affairs, public relations, and legal teams to bridge their interests through policy implementation and targeted communications.
In this role, you will ensure policy intent is translated in execution and explain our policies to diverse internal and external audiences. You will arbitrate the policy line where it is gray. You will have a strong focus on optimizing policy implementation.
Your job is relentlessly cross-functional and global. You will be driven by a focus on the user and passion for using our technical, legal, business, and policy expertise to improve Google’s policies and user experience. You will advise Google on core principles and also drive and manage complex projects.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Be part of the Trust and Safety Ads Policy Implementation and Communications (PIC) team responsible for implementing scalable Google Ads policies across all ad formats and platforms.
- Innovate tools, systems, and processes for implementing policies to maximize efficiency and optimize resources.
- Manage and resolve escalations from internal and external stakeholders. Drive awareness and understanding of ads policies across the company.
- Identify escalation trends and gaps/conflicts in the existing policy framework, collaborating with policy, product, and engineering teams to strengthen formats, systems, policies, and processes.
- Collaborate internally in Trust and Safety Ads and with sales partners in developing and implementing solutions to maximize advertiser experience.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-02