JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Join us as we build a future that works.
About the Team:
JFF’s policy team offers fresh ideas on education, workforce and poverty alleviation issues that prepare students and workers for the jobs of the future and boost our nation’s economy. JFF’s policy experts design and promote policies to help federal, state, and local communities implement and sustain programs that demonstrate the most promise. We synthesize research, evidence, and input from practitioners to inform national policy and debate.
About the position:
The Policy Associate will provide comprehensive support to the Federal and State Policy team. The Policy Associate will support both team and project operations and content development through carrying out a variety of administrative tasks and communications support (detailed below).
What you’ll do:
- Meeting Coordination and Support
- Manages agendas and serves as lead documenter for team meetings
- Establishes and maintains team systems, procedures, and knowledge management processes for smooth functioning of workflow, including keeping up to date tracking of project deliverables
- Maintains the team calendar and schedules meetings, conference calls, webinars, and appointments as needed
- Maintains core team internal and external documents
- Provides executive assistance to the policy Senior Directors, which may include calendar management, travel booking and reimbursement requests, and meeting materials support
- Assists with administrative tasks such as contracts, billing, reports, and material procurement/reimbursements
- Other duties as assigned
- Policy and Communications Support
- Supports JFF’s Congressional Staff Network, including managing Capitol Hill Forum and site visit event planning and logistical supports, coordinating travel, and completing Ethics Committee paperwork
- Conducts policy research, under the direction of policy team members
- Maintains social media presence in support of JFF’s policy work
- Works closely with JFF communications team to coordinate workflow for policy communications products
- Assists in presentation creation and email marketing
- Flags and oversees content updates for JFF websites related to policy work
Who you are:
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
- You have interest working professionally in policy, workforce development, education or other relevant fields. Previous policy and non-profit experience desirable
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and PowerPoint, and eager to learn new tech tools
- You are highly skilled at managing up and anticipating the needs of others
- You have exceptional organization skills and keen attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, the judgment to manage competing priorities, and an ability to track and drive forward varied, fluid workstreams
- You possess excellent interpersonal, communications, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- You support an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You contribute to positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work and approach
- You are entrepreneurial, resourceful, nimble and action oriented
- You demonstrate a can-do attitude, with an ability to bring a sense of humor to your work
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Taylor Maag, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-05