The Institute of International Finance
The Institute of International Finance is the global association of the financial industry, with over 400 members from more than 70 countries. Its mission is to support the financial industry in the prudent management of risks; to develop sound industry practices; and to advocate for regulatory, financial and economic policies that are in the broad interests of its members and foster global financial stability and sustainable economic growth.
Regulatory Affairs Department
The IIF is the leading voice for the financial services industry on global regulatory issues. We engage continuously and constructively with global standard setters and policymakers through formal submissions and reports, as well as through regular dialogue and high-level symposia. We help shape the global policy and regulatory agenda by providing industry input and feedback on critical issues such as sustainable finance, international capital and liquidity standards for banks and insurers, combatting financial crime, supervision and risk management, and accounting standards, among many others.
We are seeking a highly motivated Policy Associate – Insurance to join our Regulatory Affairs Department and to contribute to the overall activities of the team, with a specific focus on Insurance. S/he will be responsible for a wide range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Contributing to the analysis of new initiatives of international significance by global regulatory entities such as the Financial Stability Board (FSB), International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS), Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS), and International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), as well as other key regional and national authorities;
- Supporting the Senior Advisor and Insurance Lead, as well as other colleagues, by researching and producing original content in the areas of insurance capital standards, systemic risk, supervision, and the emerging fields of sustainability, innovation, cyber security and operational resilience, especially in the insurance context, including by preparing drafts of submissions to and responses to consultations issued by global regulatory entities and national authorities;
- Assisting in the organization of working group and other meetings and coordinating logistics with meeting hosts as applicable;
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of meeting materials (annotated agendas; talking points for discussion; meeting summaries; letters or reports produced by meetings);
- Participating in working group calls and meetings;
- Assisting with and participating in insurance-themed events, including coordinating speakers and logistics;
- Managing distribution of correspondence and documents to working groups; organizing meetings as directed;
- Contributing to various Regulatory Affairs documents, including the monthly insurance newsletter.
Applicants should have: a bachelor’s degree in in an international discipline or finance, or a law degree, but more competitive candidates would have a master’s degree; one to two years of relevant experience in a similar role; strong command of the English language and excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to cover varied subject-matter and work with persons from various disciplines is essential, as is the ability to work on several matters at the same time; experience in regulatory affairs with a financial-services industry association (insurance, securities, or banking) is desired.
To apply, please submit cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume in Word format. For more information about the IIF, please refer to our website at https://www.iif.com.
Job posted: 2020-11-05