We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Apex Team
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Founded in 2009, Apex Clean Energy is an independent renewable energy company focused on bringing utility-scale generation facilities to market, from site origination and financing to turnkey construction and long-term asset management. With a team of over 200 professionals and the nation’s largest renewable energy project portfolio, Apex is a leader in the transition to a clean energy future. For more information, visit www.apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The Government and Regulatory Affairs team at Apex Clean Energy advises internal and external stakeholders on the forefront of renewable energy and its constantly evolving landscape. The role of the team is to help ensure the company continues its growth by employing sound and efficient legislative and regulatory analysis to support operations at the company, influencing government agencies and lawmakers, and helping to shape a groundbreaking industry as it matures.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking a Policy Associate to support the expanding needs of our five-person Government and Regulatory Affairs team through monitoring and analyzing legislative and regulatory policy trends in the renewable energy industry. This position will work closely with the Government and Regulatory Affairs team to drive the development of our renewable energy projects in existing and new markets.
Hours: Full Time
Department: Public Affairs
- Support the Government and Regulatory Affairs team through state-level policy analysis and regulatory engagement
- Legislative and regulatory analysis of policies related to renewable energy development (including utility-scale renewables, distributed solar, battery storage, and renewable hydrogen), utility planning, and labor and environmental policy
- Engagement with proceedings at state regulatory commissions
- Coordinate closely with Government Affairs team members on external engagement
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis on trends and data on relevant renewable energy technologies
- Track legislative developments
- Assist with development of policy and regulatory updates and broader strategy
- Engage with industry associations and other consultants on priorities
- Research to support drafting regulatory comments, legislative testimony, and internal presentations
- Assist with coverage of regular policy calls, webinars and conferences
- May at times represent the company with external partners and policymakers
- 2-4 years’ professional experience in a policy-focused role within the energy industry
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and submitting regulatory filings
- Understanding of state legislative and regulatory processes required, understanding of regional energy markets a plus
- Knowledge of clean energy policy and business trends, with an expertise in one or more of the following: distributed solar, battery storage, renewable hydrogen, utility planning, and/or labor and environmental policy
- Advanced degree preferred, legal training a plus
- Passionate about the renewable energy industry
- Proven ability to gather, validate, and analyze quantitative data and information
- Ability to read and understand complex energy regulations and to summarize the key parts of the regulations that affect opportunities and risks for development
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and business relationships
- Ability to work in Charlottesville, Virginia (post-pandemic)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Employer Match
- 401(k) Pre-tax or Roth Deferrals
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Arrangements
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Term Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Progressive Parental Leave Plan
- Milk Stork Travel Solution
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- ACAC Fitness and Wellness Center – Corporate Discount
- Company Paid Cell Phone
- Company Paid Parking
- United Van Lines – Relocation Discounts
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-28