Policy Communication Manager , Corporate Communications
At LinkedIn, our vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. We are looking for a seasoned communications manager with experience in corporate communications, specifically with expertise in data and policy storytelling, for a full time position. In this role, the individual will work with cross-functional partners across the company and partner organizations to lead our narrative and communications strategy bolstering LinkedIn’s reputation among key audiences and stakeholders as a trusted resource for insights around the future of work.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of LinkedIn’s data ecosystem and policy priorities, expert project management and organizational skills, excellent ability to lead through influence, and experience in developing a strategic communications plan that has multiple stakeholders and dependencies. They should also have a strong understanding of and passion for labor market issues. This candidate should also have experience collaborating with multilateral organizations and large-scale project leadership in areas like research.
This position sits within the Corporate Communications team.
- In partnership with key stakeholders across the company, lead our thought leadership strategy on the future of work – how the job market is changing, how people are relocating and upskilling – and maintaining LinkedIn as a trusted source of insights for business and policy leaders.
- Drive strategic and tactical communications programs around LinkedIn’s policy position on a range of issues, including, but not limited to, immigration, new green jobs, LGBTQ workers’ rights, and platform responsibility.
- Support our thought leadership narrative through the creation of messaging, speeches, bylines and social content for leaders across the company.
- Design earned media strategies and pitches to reporters to attract coverage in targeted media outlets where policymakers and influencers go to stay informed.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Communications, Policy, and Data Science, and others to align on key moments and initiatives.
- 6+ years’ experience in strategic policy communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with and driving communications results across many stakeholders
- Experience with and a strong understanding of global multilateral organizations.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of labor market data and insights.
- Strong relationships with tech and business reporters at major news outlets.
- Strong results in a dynamic, high-growth, fast paced environment with a proven track record of delivering on projects with tight deadlines and cross-functional dependencies.
- Quick learner and self-starter who has the ability to solve problems collaboratively across numerous teams.
*Candidates will be required to reside in the U.S. (specific location flexible).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-02