Policy Communications Analyst
SAIC has an opportunity for a Policy Analyst in Washington, DC! The objective of this task is to provide IRM’s Governance and Policy Office (IRM/BMP/GRP/GP) with communications support.
This Statement of Work reflects the goal of providing support to the team of IRM’s Governance and Policy Office. Most work will be performed in State Department Annex number nine (SA-9), the American Red Cross Building. Some support may be needed off-site for conferences or meetings, although no travel outside the Washington DC region will be required. IRM/BMP/GRP/GP requires program support services from the Contractor. Work is to be performed by selected, contracted individual to include the following tasks.
The incumbent, being provided technical direction by the Governance and Policy (GP) Office’s Division Chief, develops and maintains communication outreach program for GP.
- Formulate, implement, and maintain communication outreach program initiatives to educate the workforce on IRM related FAM/FAH policy development, legislative compliance, and records management activities.
- Create strategy to educate workforce of proposed and ongoing efforts to drive efficiency, new initiatives, standardize IT concepts and/or revise existing standards.
- Develop and/or update communication outreach SOPs and other related processes and procedures.
- Conduct research, conduct or participate in required surveys, perform analysis, extract pertinent information and develop reports, as required.
- Coordinate and participate with internal and/or external entities to assist in moving projects and activities forward using various communication platforms.
- Partner with the office of Strategic Communication to inform workforce of new policy, policy changes, and other GP activities as it relates to IRM strategy.
- Assist with the GP quality control process to improve the clearance process by developing improved communication and collaborative systems.
- Creates and disseminates records management notices and provides information on records management updates, news, and training in coordination with the IRM Bureau Records Coordinator (BRC).
- Respond to routine records management inquiries in coordination with the BRC.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and deploy solutions using underutilized O365 collaboration tools to increase process efficiencies.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills with internal and external entities.
This role is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. Associates will report back to the office at the customer’s request.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; May accept additional experience in lieu of degree
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to take accurate notes during fast-paced meetings;
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize and deliver high-quality, accurate work within targeted deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Proficiency with e-mail programs and Internet search engine;
- Proficiency with Office 365 SharePoint collaboration software to include end user and site creation/manager functions;
- Previous experience and in a professional office setting is required.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance to start. Active Secret is preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC’s vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one’s vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner’s ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-19