Policy & Communications Associate
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is currently seeking a Policy & Communications Associate for the Public Affairs team. The Associate will report to the Senior Director of Policy Communications and ideally be based in either New York City or Washington, DC. This person will assist CLEAR’s public policy, government affairs, and corporate communications efforts.
What You Will Do:
- Track and analyze legislation at the local, state, and federal level to determine potential impact on and relevance to CLEAR
- Assist CLEAR’s legislative and stakeholder outreach strategy by developing contact databases, presentations, talking points, and meeting briefings
- Produce materials such as weekly trend reports, media analysis, issue specific briefings, policy analysis, and executive level briefings
- Leverage internal data, industry, and consumer trends to assist in the development of relevant reports and case studies for internal and external purposes
- Contribute to presentations, working documents/spreadsheets/databases, and government affairs and corporate communications materials
Who You Are:
- 2+ years experience working in public policy, preferably on Capitol Hill or with a think tank, advocacy group, state legislature, or lobbying firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or relevant experience
- Experience tracking legislation and ability to understand, distill, and communicate nuanced policy details.
- Demonstrated understanding of national and state politics and legislative process
- Strong work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize time effectively in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-10